I have never used an....

hail hail

Private Member
Ive never used an accelerator when rendering but have to float another chimney tomorrow and going to try it. Will be getting the mix on early as possible but want to know how these accelerators effect the setting time or is there not much difference with working with such small sets? All info on it would be great

Used it for concrete a fair few times. Was set enough for foot traffic within a couple of hours if I remember correctly. Never used it in render though. I know you have to be careful not to use to much.

Last edited:
Ive never used an accelerator when rendering but have to float another chimney tomorrow and going to try it. Will be getting the mix on early as possible but want to know how these accelerators effect the setting time or is there not much difference with working with such small sets? All info on it would be great
Can't u throw a couple handfuls of rapid cement in?

I've used liquid rapid hardener before, seemed ok, floated walls where dpc had been injected. Hung a bit as usual over slurried brickwork, but then pulled on lovely. Skimmed as normal. It was a smallish area, usually a nightmare of hanging about trying to get a float on it. Careful with the amount you add mind.

Chuck some rapid in and get wickes accelerator, it's the best one I've used mate.. pretty cheap from memory and it def worked for us.

Chuck some rapid in and get wickes accelerator, it's the best one I've used mate.. pretty cheap from memory and it def worked for us.
I've never used accelerator myself by do use rapid from time to time I learnt a few tricks off the restoration gang I worked with at the German embassy is just knowing how much to put in once you get that your be alright