I don't want to paint my plaster walls, they look beautiful as is. Is there are clear sealant?

siri

I think that my newly plastered walls look great and I don't want to paint them.
Is there are clear sealant that I can put on them? Or is this just a bad idea?

Thanks!

They should start selling multi finsh pink then you could paint them the same colour as the plaster.

Hygroscopy (etymology and pronunciation) is the ability of a substance to attract and hold water molecules from the surrounding environment. This is achieved through either absorption or adsorption with the absorbing or adsorbing substance becoming physically changed somewhat.

So basically it's a good idea to paint..You could take a photo and colour match
Me personally think White Matt emulsion is the best to brighten up a room and look modern.
Thanks Vince

Hygroscopy (etymology and pronunciation) is the ability of a substance to attract and hold water molecules from the surrounding environment. This is achieved through either absorption or adsorption with the absorbing or adsorbing substance becoming physically changed somewhat.

Me personally think White Matt emulsion is the best to brighten up a room and look modern.
Thanks Vince
Really. Wtf u on about lol

Thanks Vince
Dont forget the equilibrium moisture content...(y)

Really. Wtf u on about lol
Sorry mate it's technical and obviously not all 'plasterers ' on this forum are aware but that's why this forum is better than Facebook .
Plaster is hygroscopic
Just google it and hopefully you will understand.

Happy new year bud.

Sorry mate it's technical and obviously not all 'plasterers ' on this forum are aware but that's why this forum is better than Facebook .
Plaster is hygroscopic
Just google it and hopefully you will understand.

Happy new year bud.
Lol. You don't get it. Happy new year

What Chris said sounds ok, I got LTP Mattstone sealer for tiles, that would prob work too and stay matt. Not sure how it would take paint after as it's white spirit based

I guess this is an old topic but has some recent replies so I'll throw in my $.02.

I do a lot of color integrated plaster and often have to seal it. Of course sealing it makes patching harder later but it can be done. A great 'sealer' that is also easy to work around later if necessary is clear hand soap believe it or not. It goes on easy, buffs out nice with a rag and doesn't change the color. Of course you should try it in an inconspicuous spot first.

A more robust sealer is Briwax. Its a mix of beeswax and carnuba wax. It has a strong odor so make sure to have good ventilation.

Another option is soap stone but thats a little harder to find and pricy.