i cant handle these prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

hirst

I priced up a 2 bed flat with to storage rooms. and bonding and skim in the kitchen and bathroom. all ceilings and a massive hallway for your typical flat. i went in cheap at 2400. looking at about a weeks work. they had quote shortly after which they took which was 2000 pound for the plastering and to do the tiling in the kitchen and bathroom. and maybe paint the kitchen aswell. am i just dear on the price or am i bonkers. because this seems to be happening alot.

depends on the state of it, but sounds on the dear side to me. two bed flat, cant be any more that 160m2 right? even if it was a week for two blokes it still leaves near a grand on materials?

depends on the state of it, but sounds on the dear side to me. two bed flat, cant be any more that 160m2 right? even if it was a week for two blokes it still leaves near a grand on materials?

Your having a giggle right, two blokes and it leaves nearly 1000 for materials which is 700 each for the week before tax, not a chance.

no giggling! plenty of spreads round here quite happily ponse around in a two bed flat reskim for a week on 150 a day each and 500 of gravy in the material price. were talking skimming here, the market is flooded.

you can get a 4 bed done for 1500 down my way mate and the sandpaper is free:RpS_lol:

2400 for a weeks work are u mad ,,,,take it u no we are in the worst recession for a life time ,u need to wise up mate or
u will not be getting any work

not really i had one couple weeks back general reskim 4 bedder £2800 all in got it straight away did it got paid even got a coupla beers to say thanks:RpS_thumbup:

2400 for a weeks work are u mad ,,,,take it u no we are in the worst recession for a life time ,u need to wise up mate or

no offence mate but people with ur attitude are what keep us in a recession

yeah i prefer nicks attitude...........just to fcuk off altogether haha :RpS_lol:

The pricing issue is something we are all battling against. In my opinion if one gang do a cock on job and their price is 2400 it's far better value than a poor job being done for 1700. You set your price to what you think your worth. Some jobs you are just not gonna get. Depends on how obscure the contact is and if they have had experience of poor work being done in past. If the contact is a close associate of a previous customer, they will have seen your work and know your pricing. This is why it's important you don't back down on your pricing. Basically if your good you will continue to get work off recommendations. Also helps if your confident and can talk customers through the process involved in what your gonna do whilst pricing.
There goes my first post on this forum.

you are correct derbyskimmer and welcome to the forum.
plastering is very under valued. i see £1m houses that have a sound system fitted costing £10,000 worrying about an extra £1,000 on the plasterwork . the trouble with plastering there is always someone who will do it , who cannot see any futher then the end of there nose.

Thanks malc, thought it about time I contributed to the forum as I've been observing from a distance for a while. It's a good place to gauge what's going on. The more people that contribute their thoughts the better. Just priced a two bed bungalow at 2200 inc mats. Approx 200mtrs. All ceilings overboard and most walls dabbed a couple floated as door frames are tight. Moisture boards in bathroom. The contact is a distant one from a job I did years ago so I think I have less than a 50% chance but if You don't price you don't get. I am busy and always out pricing, doesn't matter if it's a £50 quick repair or a 8bed monster. All jobs are good ones and lead to other jobs.

Thanks malc, thought it about time I contributed to the forum as I've been observing from a distance for a while. It's a good place to gauge what's going on. The more people that contribute their thoughts the better. Just priced a two bed bungalow at 2200 inc mats. Approx 200mtrs. All ceilings overboard and most walls dabbed a couple floated as door frames are tight. Moisture boards in bathroom. The contact is a distant one from a job I did years ago so I think I have less than a 50% chance but if You don't price you don't get. I am busy and always out pricing, doesn't matter if it's a £50 quick repair or a 8bed monster. All jobs are good ones and lead to other jobs.

Good on you mate, but that sounds cheap to me if your tacking lids and dabbing walls.

What happened to the no no to pricing discussions......

Lots of new posters talking prices

derby skimmer i try not to waste my time to much on quoting. if i find out that the work is going out to contract i do not bother pricing, as this costs you money. i like things to be cut and dried so no competition

Apoligies if I broke a rule it's been that long since I read em and I read plenty other posts talking about pricing.
Malc in response in an ideal world I would like to be like you but I thrive on one and two day jobs. The bigger stuff I am always unlikely to get so don't take too long on quoting etc. . .unless its for a regular builder/developer. Seems to me a lot of bigger private jobs get done cheaper than if Same size job wwas done for a builder. I just hope these ruthless time-wasting private customers who get 10quotes seriously get a bad job done and stung.

Hi mate ive a few flats in london at the price and they rip my hand of. just this last year it realy has changed and i can see why with the way people seem to be pricing later. the trade is realy under rated as it is a very hard labour trade. u dont never realy have an easy day after sheeting everything up and so on lol. so what price would u reckon would be considerate. thanx tony

well mark i have been getting the work on that price fellar quite abit. once u add up the transport cost materials and labour. sheeting up. parking its in london dont forget ill be takeing home about 140 a day i dont think thats much a at all considering the work we put into jobs. do u still think that it is pricey.

Status
Not open for further replies.