How's it hanging?

Members online

t33ch

Mundane question....but how does everyone hold their scrim roll when prepping? I always end up juggling the tape between hands when knifing it in to corners etc.
A proper holder looks cumbersome and OTT, but maybe they work?

When I’m on price Work I hoop it over my erect penis and reel it off really fast and graze the little chap.

Which reminds me, you left a roll on your last job...
cornelius_tape.jpg

Tape gun!! Worth every penny. Not trying to find end each time. Keeps rolls clean and at hand and can't loose the roll of skim as it's on a gun.
Gives nice corners too with the flip down roller corner function thingy!
No real need for a knife either pull trigger and scrim is cut!
Also I'm 5.10 and with the gun can reach average ceiling rather then jumping up and down on hop ups.

Matt

Seen a side belt holder for fibrefuse tape don’t know if there’s one for scrim tape similar to clip on side of belt or trousers but if there is tbf I’d probably buy one

The mt guns are good as above say too

Seen a side belt holder for fibrefuse tape don’t know if there’s one for scrim tape similar to clip on side of belt or trousers but if there is tbf I’d probably buy one

The mt guns are good as above say too

Tool sl*t lol
I can't help myself with gadgets either!
Plasterboard cutter was my latest! How did I live without it lol

Tape gun!! Worth every penny. Not trying to find end each time. Keeps rolls clean and at hand and can't loose the roll of skim as it's on a gun.
Gives nice corners too with the flip down roller corner function thingy!
No real need for a knife either pull trigger and scrim is cut!
Also I'm 5.10 and with the gun can reach average ceiling rather then jumping up and down on hop ups.

Matt
Are they really that good??

Are they really that good??

Yes I would say so! Give it a chance and once you get use to it it will speed up scriming time and save jumping up and down hope ups.

My mistake when first got it was not putting enough pressure on roller when first rolling scrim on and was pulling it off. Combined this with the orange scrim tape mate it's great.

A gadget worth having!

makes taping internal angles a doddle due to the wheel. I always thought they were pointless until I bought one and would not be without it now.

I will get one and have a look :D Got a huge house coming up soon, it will either be skimmed or airless either which way :D

I have a dolfin flooring knife with holder which clips onto my trousers or pocket. Knife goes in holder, scrim sits on knife.

I probably scrim in a weird way but i do ceiling lines and while up there
I do a length on the corners. I also cut lengths at a time to save faffing with the roll. Sounds weird but i scrim
Up a room very fast.

While working i pull the scrim and leave it dangling so no time wasted trying to locate the end . When finished i fold the end a few times so no issues next time.