How would you go about it?

I gave a price for this re-skim, and media centre, and at first glance it looked straight forwards enough. It was only after starting that there was quite a bit of straitening up to do. A chippy done the boarding, and some of it is shocking. Even the sparks work was bad, and some of the back boxes were way too far into the walls so i had bring them out before skim.

Im well into the job, and its coming along nice, but its one of them which i could have priced a bit more if i had taken all these things into account. How they could walk away leaving a job like that is shocking.

Even the client said what do i think about the boarding so although hes clueless can see it was a mess. When i give a price i dont like changing it unless i think it warrants it, but i wouldn't mind if it was a ton on top just for making good that they left. My fault at the end of the day. Its not a big loss, but pisses me off.

Attachments

• 20230502_091550.jpg
    20230502_091550.jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 197
  • 20230502_091541.jpg
    20230502_091541.jpg
    745.2 KB · Views: 197
  • 20230502_081440.jpg
    20230502_081440.jpg
    700.2 KB · Views: 218
  • 20230502_152138.jpg
    20230502_152138.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 209
  • 20230502_152002.jpg
    20230502_152002.jpg
    393 KB · Views: 214
Tell the client that because of all the problems with the work that the price you gave has gone out of the window. You are in a strong position now , they will have to pay extra for you to complete. If you wait till you have finished the work, the client will have what they want and you will get a low wage .

Chancers have built that it’s shocking
Hes the clients friend. Hes hung a few doors for my mate who said although his works ok what he did for him he wouldn't recommend him to anyone. How anyone can leave a job like that, and get paid shocks me. The spark was another friend of his, and hes another sloppy fecker.

Your estimate should have written " Any unforseen or works not mentioned will be extra with your agreement "

As soon as I seen that I would have pointed out all the faults to the customer and said I’m not putting my name to that.

I gave a price for this re-skim, and media centre, and at first glance it looked straight forwards enough. It was only after starting that there was quite a bit of straitening up to do. A chippy done the boarding, and some of it is shocking. Even the sparks work was bad, and some of the back boxes were way too far into the walls so i had bring them out before skim.

Im well into the job, and its coming along nice, but its one of them which i could have priced a bit more if i had taken all these things into account. How they could walk away leaving a job like that is shocking.

Even the client said what do i think about the boarding so although hes clueless can see it was a mess. When i give a price i dont like changing it unless i think it warrants it, but i wouldn't mind if it was a ton on top just for making good that they left. My fault at the end of the day. Its not a big loss, but pisses me off.
Confused Robert Downey Jr GIF

Its all done onto the next one.

He told me after that the job was rushed. Was a pain to do but they are over the moon with how its turned out considering the shape of it.

Always state contingency for extras @ day rate. Communicate and documents the work required