How We All Doing For Work Lads?

Members online

roryston

Now January is almost out the way how all you lot looking for the upcoming year?

I wont lie January has been a bit of a washout for me, been filling in days hre and there and earnt enough but definitely a few ££ down over he 3/4 months up towards the end of last year.

Not complaining though managed to sort a few things around the house and spend some time with the family, we have another baby boy due next week so been nice to sort of chill out when I can.

Had a job cancelled on me next week but luckily had a few jobs I juggled around to bring the week back together.

From February 6th its all systems go for 5 weeks hole house with a big wrap round extension to do inside and out so looking forward to that, should hopefully give my phone a chance to ring.

Do have a rendering job coming up too but that's around ate march/april time just waiting on dates.

How you lads finding it?

filled up to end of feb anything more and id feel stressed....if anything wierdly I found december hard and had 2... 3 days weeks due to no phone calls

I never get concerned about workload between mid November till Feb, I only do domestic so most people trying to recover from Christmas spending, weather is crap, even those who minted usually away either hitting the slopes somewhere posh or getting tanned under the sun. This time of the year people know that trades are short of jobs so they try knocking down the price, which some takes some not.
I have a few odds and sods on the books and a couple of refurbs after march. I'm sure things will get into gear when hibernation ends.

Was bracing for a quiet January as per usual but been surprisingly very busy phone has been none stop since day after boxing day.
Currently booked until last week in Feb and have a full bungalow in for end of March.
But as always can't and won't complain as you take it while it's there I'm sure there will be a slowdown somewhere in the year!

All helps as got to get books properly in order as we need to move in 18 months or so. So have to keep things tickerty boo

First day back tomorrow, Utility room Artex ceiling overskim with the good stuff , starting a brick laying course Tuesday so hopefully get some work from it , vans clean so if don't get ought good come in before next Monday probably just have a drive around in it.

Flat out for the foreseeable future .... but was also the same this time last year 'till I trapped my sciatic nerve. :(

I always assume December and January to be quiet, but I've just had the busiest ones since I started, the last 6 months or so I've been booked up a good 6 weeks in advance. Knocked a good few jobs back early on in January. But now I only have 2 weeks ahead with my only other job booked in not starting till second week in march. I'm sure things will come in but always keep enough to tie me over the quiet times.

Start back with full weeks from Monday. Been undercut on a couple of jobs but I'd rather not drop my prices. Should be a busy year but like most of you if I had a few quid behind me I'd never pick up a trowel again

2 sites on the go, and projects booked in until June/July most is repeat business for developers weve worked before so I know there on the level for getting paid etc.

Now January is almost out the way how all you lot looking for the upcoming year?

I wont lie January has been a bit of a washout for me, been filling in days hre and there and earnt enough but definitely a few ££ down over he 3/4 months up towards the end of last year.

Not complaining though managed to sort a few things around the house and spend some time with the family, we have another baby boy due next week so been nice to sort of chill out when I can.

Had a job cancelled on me next week but luckily had a few jobs I juggled around to bring the week back together.

From February 6th its all systems go for 5 weeks hole house with a big wrap round extension to do inside and out so looking forward to that, should hopefully give my phone a chance to ring.

Do have a rendering job coming up too but that's around ate march/april time just waiting on dates.

How you lads finding it?
spend time with the family , if your a one man band you can always earn money another day.

First day back tomorrow, Utility room Artex ceiling overskim with the good stuff , starting a brick laying course Tuesday so hopefully get some work from it , vans clean so if don't get ought good come in before next Monday probably just have a drive around in it.
Are you slowly becoming a multitrader? :sorprendido3:

Hopefully gonna shift to brickie now mate , think I've achieved all I can plastering tbh,
Hey why does it say the Clemo on my post you tagged in too?
You going over the states to put that wall up for trump? Lol
I don't know how or what with Clement. Dan might have the answer
PS if you jacking plastering in can I have your speedscam SF I'd give it a whirl to try

Hopefully gonna shift to brickie now mate , think I've achieved all I can plastering tbh,
Hey why does it say the Clemo on my post you tagged in too?

Why would you want to do that to yourself? The hours I've spent sat in a mess hut only to get sent home with no pay... trust me, plastering's more lucrative.

Why not just take on building work, and just learn as you lay the blocks. There's bound to be tutorials on YouTube. What could go wrong

Another Cassie??!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always expect a quiet Jan and plenty of messers I've done a few small jobs not much but when you get folks ringing up who want 9 rooms done full board and skim including matts for 3k I would rather be at home anyway tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we had a s**t time before xmas being unlucky enough to have dealings with cowboy builder, jan has been quiet which is unusual for us. feeling skint but may be blessing in disguise as i have tennis elbow in both elbows and another shoulder impingement. might go to sleep for the next few weeks