How to remove incorrect PVA

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I didn't mean to call you a knob. That was not nice. But please take your head out of your ass. We tried to help you but you didn't think think they were constructive answers.

You keep saying its time to close the thread but you keep coming back for more.

Still feel sorry for your grandson though. The best part of his day is going out your front gate.

Sent from my iPhone using The Plasterers Forum

Hi All,
My Name is John, just arrived back from Spain on Thursday, and was due to start my Grandfathers wall today. He suggested that I may have got things a little wrong, and pointed me to a lot of information that he has found, and printed out for from the cloud.
After a long time I got from him your web, and have had a look - NOT PLEASED - Before he retired he was and still is a major scientist, not a person to be taken for granted, and most certainly not called a KNOB - he does not know what that means, but I do, and thank the Irishman for his apology, but believe me Mister, the last thing I would do is be pleased to leave his "Front Gate", he does not have one, as he lives in his own estate. I will take on board what this web has said, and as my Grandfather said, "It is time to close this"
John

Hi All,
My Name is John, just arrived back from Spain on Thursday, and was due to start my Grandfathers wall today. He suggested that I may have got things a little wrong, and pointed me to a lot of information that he has found, and printed out for from the cloud.
After a long time I got from him your web, and have had a look - NOT PLEASED - Before he retired he was and still is a major scientist, not a person to be taken for granted, and most certainly not called a KNOB - he does not know what that means, but I do, and thank the Irishman for his apology, but believe me Mister, the last thing I would do is be pleased to leave his "Front Gate", he does not have one, as he lives in his own estate. I will take on board what this web has said, and as my Grandfather said, "It is time to close this"
John
What's a major scientist?

Hi All,
John

Have a nice time?

Sounds like a bit if his brown talk is rubbing of on you. "A major scientist" sounds impressive. Is he better than an ordinary scientist. Is he famous.

He lives in an estate? Why not just park up by a nicely rendered wall instead of going through the hassle of doing one yourself?

Tell him to stick to science stuff. Leave plastering to the experts. Doesn't matter how much brains your Grandfather has he could never be a plasterer. ;)

Good morning flynnyman
Thank you for your reply, so in essence, nothing wrong with PVA, just not waterproof ?, so, if it was made waterproof, there would be no problem, and your original post of "A very costly mistake" maybe avoided by me - hence question #9 .
As the Moderator of this site, you must be well versed in your profession, and I value your comments therefor, would you be kind enough to answer my posting #9 fully, not just the last part, as I must have a definitive answer by this coming Friday. Thank you for your patients to date, but you only learn by asking questions, and receiving professional answers.
Kind Regards,
boaz

stuck up, arragont, pompus prick!...there yer go!!! zombies input!:RpS_thumbdn:

stuck up, arragont, pompus prick!...there yer go!!! zombies input!:RpS_thumbdn:

****!!!! read rest of the thread now!!! yowser he got even more patronising!!! followed by numpty university scrote grandson bitching!!! A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!

For what its worth in reflection given that him, Einstein and a few other dudes managed to split the atom...save us all from tyrony and enabled us to have peace in our life time I think we may have been a bit harsh!!!

cant believe I left school expelled at 13 worked cash in hand from 15 semi ileterate until mid 20s and I could think to blast wall with a hosepipe and scrub it before egghead...

feel pretty chuffed tbh!:RpS_thumbup:

Just a quick update, the wall is completed, and looks good both in finish and adhesion, but only long term will give an answer to both !!. Thank all of you who gave constructive answers, your advise was invaluable and followed.
To those of you less helpful, perhaps you may want to get out a little more, and see what life has to offer if you are willing to learn. Posting # 45 - he does not ever want to be a plasterer, he was just trying to help me, I am not aware that "The Royal Society" would accept a plasterer - but possibly they may, sadly though he will not be able to propose you. You can all now have a real field day with your replies to that comment, as I am sure you will. It is a very great shame that a website as good as this has to have a very few proportion of people answering perfectly valid questions with such inept and disrespectful answers, but such is life !!!,
John

Your spelling and grammar aren't that great for a top academic. It's advice, not advise.

Just a quick update, the wall is completed, and looks good both in finish and adhesion, but only long term will give an answer to both !!. Thank all of you who gave constructive answers, your advise was invaluable and followed.
To those of you less helpful, perhaps you may want to get out a little more, and see what life has to offer if you are willing to learn. Posting # 45 - he does not ever want to be a plasterer, he was just trying to help me, I am not aware that "The Royal Society" would accept a plasterer - but possibly they may, sadly though he will not be able to propose you. You can all now have a real field day with your replies to that comment, as I am sure you will. It is a very great shame that a website as good as this has to have a very few proportion of people answering perfectly valid questions with such inept and disrespectful answers, but such is life !!!,
John

yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnn.......cough cough P.R.I.C.K:rolleyes)

John

U we're getting good constructive answers to your post. Your did not want to take it. I only asked if you could put up a pic so we could ADVISE you.

Anyway old man. Maybe you learned something too. Your not better than anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.