How The Fcuk

Stevieo

Royal Spin Doctor
Am I going to do this?

Them tiles round that lot.
15606071229812325718235730269509.jpg

Remove faces.. Cut square out of tile. Fit tile. Re-connect faces. Just make sure you are accurate so you don't have the tile covering the screw hole

Grinder with a decent diamond blade, not a pound shop special. Mark the cutout with a marker pen. Scribe this with the scriber on your snap tile cutter, then use the grinder. If you scribe first, it’ll help stop the edges chipping when you use the grinder.

Failing that, bin them off and use metro tiles.

Grinder with a decent diamond blade, not a pound shop special. Mark the cutout with a marker pen. Scribe this with the scriber on your snap tile cutter, then use the grinder. If you scribe first, it’ll help stop the edges chipping when you use the grinder.

Edges dont matter as you cut it smaller so the face plate covers it! Leaving a perfect finish.

Fookin ell

I was thinking about just tiling over the sockets and hoping the owner didn't remember they were there.

Presume the best thing to do here is start at the double plug and work out from there? Might avoid a nightmare if the tiles land wrong?

Edges dont matter as you cut it smaller so the face plate covers it! Leaving a perfect finish.

Fookin ell

True to a certain extent, but some porcelain tiles chip really badly, so if you’re not very accurate, then your wasting tiles. Takes 30 seconds.
I got a tiler in to give me a push on a job and he f**k*d it up big style when using a grinder.
5CFF4E88-6111-43A0-A90B-61284A975019.gif

agree grind from behind.
mark front face first and start cutting from front when you reach marked lines finish cut from behind.

Never had an issue with grinder n diamond blade cut from behind
Never had problems either. Tbf these tiles did seem to chip more easily, and this c**t was moaning about them. I cut a few a couple of weeks later with my kit and no problems. His tiles looked like he’d used a chainsaw.

Never had problems either. Tbf these tiles did seem to chip more easily, and this c**t was moaning about them. I cut a few a couple of weeks later with my kit and no problems. His tiles looked like he’d used a chainsaw.

can’t remember the distance from gangBox to visible tile but surely over 10mm. If it’s chipping that much either need a new blade or a less agresssive hand

can’t remember the distance from gangBox to visible tile but surely over 10mm. If it’s chipping that much either need a new blade or a less agresssive hand

Exactly, but the size of these chips was ridiculous. Anyway, if you need to cut any tile with either a grinder or wet cutter, then scoring the cut first is a top tip.

Just spend 15/20 mins setting everything out, don’t just tile from 1 end of the wall and hope for the best
Work from the centre of the wall, or if there’s a window so you get equal cuts either side
You want either the top or the bottom of a tile finishing level with the top or bottom of the socket
Spending the time before you start will save you more time as you go

For your u-cuts I usually use a wet cutter (£45 topps tiles) cut down both sides then plunge the tile for the top cut

Just spend 15/20 mins setting everything out, don’t just tile from 1 end of the wall and hope for the best
Work from the centre of the wall, or if there’s a window so you get equal cuts either side
You want either the top or the bottom of a tile finishing level with the top or bottom of the socket
Spending the time before you start will save you more time as you go

100% . Just like you would when laying bricks or blocks.