How much does a plasterer cost a day

Members online

Vincey

Private Member
@Bricktop posted this this week on a thread, couldn’t help but think his breakdown needed more recognition than just left on that thread , general public might see it and appreciate actual costs and other guys in trade who ain’t thinking along his lines can definitely benefit from seeing it in black and white , there’s no getting away from the fact he’s right.

6F3ECA38-D3FE-4590-BDB6-EA4977EA5497.jpeg
A1E80C08-7EB6-4BA1-A254-877612981959.jpeg
D5ED62FC-8F4D-4496-949C-BA8917F72152.jpeg

@Bricktop posted this this week on a thread, couldn’t help but think his breakdown needed more recognition than just left on that thread , general public might see it and appreciate actual costs and other guys in trade who ain’t thinking along his lines can definitely benefit from seeing it in black and white , there’s no getting away from the fact he’s right.

View attachment 36930View attachment 36931View attachment 36932

True, but love the freedom of being my own boss. Been self employed for years now, would struggle to be other wise.

Don't charge general public a day rate I give them a price! How long it takes is up to me obviously there's a limit to what you charge someone a day but that depends what car they got on drive and if you have to press a buzzer for them to open the gate to the grounds! :ROFLMAO:

And you might aswell be kidding yourself with the pension bit we usually drop dead from experience of older guys in the trade! Most of those were pisshead old school plasterers but still f**k the pension :ROFLMAO:

I’m a bit in limbo at mo as work plans got all f**k*d up due to a mate getting injured. Will survive and tbf, will enjoy not having to get up at 5am for a bit.

True, but love the freedom of being my own boss. Been self employed for years now, would struggle to be other wise.

I have been off the tools full time since 16th April 2009 and you think you are unemployable... try not needing to leave the comfort of your bed for over 10 years to make a living... I am totally unemployable and would last 10 minutes in an office I reckon :D

I have been off the tools full time since 16th April 2009 and you think you are unemployable... try not needing to leave the comfort of your bed for over 10 years to make a living... I am totally unemployable and would last 10 minutes in an office I reckon :D

I’ve got other interests that need time to fulfill with travelling etc. I’m lucky I can just take time off. I’m not rich, but at the mo, can just say ‘fook it’.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; the vast majority of self-employed plasterers are utterly delusional about how much they truly earn and how much better off they are than people working for decent firms.
My best mate has spent his entire working life working in factories, he has earned good money through doing some overtime and now has a wacking great pension pot waiting to be dipped into. Never had to price a job and not get it, never been knocked for his money, and when he leaves the gates behind him he's able to not think about work until the following morning.
Personally I feel I was very, very lucky throughout the most important years of my working life, but most guys aren't.

Without a doubt what’s fooked it for some plasterers is Worm social media accounts
& no one interested in traditional apprenticeship route to skills
So 2 week intermediate course for £700
Straight to Facebook with the bullshit post £200 a room hahahah

Some people can make money some can’t it’s f**k all to do with plastering it’s more mentality.

If you can’t make plastering pay do something else.

If you can make it pay then make it pay good as it’s a skilled, psychical trade.

Not rocket science.

Met so many millionaires who think outside the box. Met one who created a system to bring scrap tyres from germany into uk. Worthless in germanny because the tread depth limit was 5mm but here it’s 3mm so sold em as part worns.

Another one made millions from repairing and selling pallets.

Yet how many narrow minded people would have said “pppfttft no money in that”

Some people can make money some can’t it’s f**k all to do with plastering it’s more mentality.

If you can’t make plastering pay do something else.

If you can make it pay then make it pay good as it’s a skilled, psychical trade.

Not rocket science.

Met so many millionaires who think outside the box. Met one who created a system to bring scrap tyres from germany into uk. Worthless in germanny because the tread depth limit was 5mm but here it’s 3mm so sold em as part worns.

Another one made millions from repairing and selling pallets.

Yet how many narrow minded people would have said “pppfttft no money in that”
“Give a man a reputation as an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon.”

― Mark Twain

See this - it's not got past me. I ask for a measly £120 a day off my best customer and get recommendations accordingly. I make on the labourer and I make on the materials and only ask for a humble £120 a day for my services.

It's working too.

I'm not a smart man, but I know how to listen to one.

“Give a man a reputation as an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon.”

― Mark Twain

See this - it's not got past me. I ask for a measly £120 a day off my best customer and get recommendations accordingly. I make on the labourer and I make on the materials and only ask for a humble £120 a day for my services.

It's working too.

I'm not a smart man, but I know how to listen to one.

I like that last bit. That means you are smart .

When I meet wealthy people I act stupid and suck as much info as i can

I like that last bit. That means you are smart .

When I meet wealthy people I act stupid and suck as much info as i can
Well that's very nice of you to say so but moving on - did you ever see anyone that made you feel the need to hunt them and murderfuck them?

And you might aswell be kidding yourself with the pension bit we usually drop dead from experience of older guys in the trade! Most of those were pisshead old school plasterers but still f**k the pension :ROFLMAO:
god forgive u son /pissheads for fucks sake lol

View attachment 36930View attachment 36931View attachment 36932

i have just looked up the uk builders union rates of pay commencing week 24th june 2019.

labourer £9.78p per hour.
NVQ2 £11.02 per hour.
NVQ3 £12. 79per hour.

22 days paid holidays plus 8 bank holidays.

i have just looked up the uk builders union rates of pay commencing week 24th june 2019.

NVQ2 £11.02 per hour.
NVQ3 £12. 79per hour.

Awesome! Were do I sign :ROFLMAO:

NVQ2 £11.02 per hour.
NVQ3 £12. 79per hour.

You sure that wasn't 1979 Malc?

You sure that wasn't 1979 Malc?

there was no mention of tool money ! no mention of time and a quarter for 2 hours overtime, time and a half for sat. double time for sundays, triple time for bank holidays.

i remember when i was an apprentice you had to have a union card as some sites were union only.

there was no mention of tool money ! no mention of time and a quarter for 2 hours overtime, time and a half for sat. double time for sundays, triple time for bank holidays.

i remember when i was an apprentice you had to have a union card as some sites were union only.
remember this
IMG_20190103_211101_hdr (1).jpg