How long can your base coat(Structolite)sit before top coat is applied?

Momojoko

If there’s a situation where you are unable to apply the top coat same day as base coat, how long can the base sit with out a topcoat before I presume a bonding agent would be necessary? Could you wait a few days, a week? What’s the rule here? I’m specifically asking about a Structolite base but interested in general answers as well.

If there’s a situation where you are unable to apply the top coat same day as base coat, how long can the base sit with out a topcoat before I presume a bonding agent would be necessary? Could you wait a few days, a week? What’s the rule here? I’m specifically asking about a Structolite base but interested in general answers as well.
Yes please.
How’s that @Stewie03 ?

What background did you go onto and any prep?

What background did you go onto and any prep?
Not sure what u mean by background. Plaster weld on original wood lathe then Structolite, I actually became ill during this and I’m wondering if I can put off putting the top coat for a couple days so I can recover???

So it seems knowbody knows for sure, but three days is a fair assumption. Does anyone have any insight into what happens to the base coat over time that makes it less able to adhere to the top coat? Are there any qualities in the base coat that can be observed that might indicate it has sat for too long???

So it seems knowbody knows for sure, but three days is a fair assumption. Does anyone have any insight into what happens to the base coat over time that makes it less able to adhere to the top coat? Are there any qualities in the base coat that can be observed that might indicate it has sat for too long???
After about three days it starts looking a little lethargic, you may be ok if you can hit it soon after.