How is this done?

Members online

Marcwise

6F232D7E-D8B4-4C61-AA83-E6C81FB6A240.jpeg
hello, I have been asked by a friend if I could do this type of plastering for a feature wall, I’ve said no but was wondering how it’s actually accomplished and the actual level of difficulty. Cheers.

Hard to say exactly from picture but looks like a pitted marmorino. Can be done solely by trowel but easier to use a patterned roller on second coat to apply a texture that you lay down and it goes off leaving what looks like a cross section of a worm city. Looks natural in colour so no additional toner pots would be needed and saving on costs

View attachment 74064hello, I have been asked by a friend if I could do this type of plastering for a feature wall, I’ve said no but was wondering how it’s actually accomplished and the actual level of difficulty. Cheers.

Splatter coat, or spray/stipple it on, then lace off, preferably with flexible lacer (plastic tool)

Popular in the 80s and early 90s.

Back then it was sometimes called sprayed Artex XL

More generically known as a travertine or rough cast finish depending on where in the world

Can also be done in lines or rows.

Looks like Marmorino Beton. Did some in Birmingham a few years ago.

Basically put one flat coat on. Wait until dry, then apply a tight coat really loosely (not full coverage).
After about 5 or 10 mins go back over it (little 6" venetian trowel) and flatten it off.

Little more complicated than that but thats the gist of it.

There was a course I did in Blackburn for it. Applicart I think it was called.

Looks like Marmorino Beton. Did some in Birmingham a few years ago.

Basically put one flat coat on. Wait until dry, then apply a tight coat really loosely (not full coverage).
After about 5 or 10 mins go back over it (little 6" venetian trowel) and flatten it off.

Little more complicated than that but thats the gist of it.

There was a course I did in Blackburn for it. Applicart I think it was called.
All pretty much the same. I worked on the applicart building before they opened it. Beton just meant cement/concrete. Just another name for a marmorino finish