how do your polish yours!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

charente

okey dokey richie,im using a 13inch tyzax trowel,to lay it on,and also for the final finish,question is,is it always right to go to town and polish the plaster,and if so do you use the same trowel throughout the process,i find im just not getting it shiney,does it matter???:confused:

It can still be flat if its not shiney that's wot matters , paint roller jus slides up the wall, if u don't like the customer and know there decorating . . . Or hate the decorator polish it ! I don't do this btw jus to clear that up !

okey dokey richie,im using a 13inch tyzax trowel,to lay it on,and also for the final finish,question is,is it always right to go to town and polish the plaster,and if so do you use the same trowel throughout the process,i find im just not getting it shiney,does it matter???:confused:

Why wear your joints down continually going over a wall that is already done ?.

The customer dont care if its shiny, just as long as its ready for paint.

Thats all your polishing is your ego when you do that mirror finish.Think about it the next time you stand back with pride,or running you hands up and down the wall like its some tarts leg.

Yeh. My neighbour had his whole house done by a friend of his. I must admit it looked pukka with all the mirror walls but as has already been said, it makes it a b*stard to paint.

Polish 'em up, nothing like an ego boost:RpS_drool:

Aye haha.

Another i dont do, and it might go against the grain, and thats take pride in the work.I know it sounds like i dont give a toss, but i think that way out of necessity.Sounds up my self, but i'm a perfectionist..its a fooking curse.I have an eye for detail as most plasterers do, or should have,and thats normal.

The saying 'pride before a fall' means something to me in that like in all walks of life you can drive yourself crazy looking for perfection in everything you do.Your not going to do a perfect flawless job everytime, and i used to beat myself up over things that you would need a microscope to see.Ive pointed very small errors in my work to customers, and they look at me stupid, and call me to fussy hahaha...seriously.

If your constantly puffing your chest out with pride all the time, how do you handle things when they dont go quite as planned.....you don't it hits hard with some people.

personaly i think a polished up wall looks awfull. Im more impressed by a nice matt flat finish. Polished walls show any slight missus/hollows etc that paint wouldnt show etc.

zombie

Aye haha.

Another i dont do, and it might go against the grain, and thats take pride in the work.I know it sounds like i dont give a toss, but i think that way out of necessity.Sounds up my self, but i'm a perfectionist..its a fooking curse.I have an eye for detail as most plasterers do, or should have,and thats normal.

The saying 'pride before a fall' means something to me in that like in all walks of life you can drive yourself crazy looking for perfection in everything you do.Your not going to do a perfect flawless job everytime, and i used to beat myself up over things that you would need a microscope to see.Ive pointed very small errors in my work to customers, and they look at me stupid, and call me to fussy hahaha...seriously.

If your constantly puffing your chest out with pride all the time, how do you handle things when they dont go quite as planned.....you don't it hits hard with some people.

Unbelievable jcr, sounds just like me! I don't want to visit a doctor to get it confirmed but I think the problem we suffer is now called O.C.D.
Should 'types' like us be plastering? I sometimes think that I may become the most respected plasterer in town but also the poorest:RpS_unsure:

Flat is everything... shine only good when perfectly flat. Some lads one coatin with sponge on the job I'm on... looks ace. Till its painted...

It's hard to please everyone in some situations, the customers not happy unless its shiny the decorators not happy if it is shiny, you need to get that happy medium lol

A plaggy trowel is all you need.. Just keep going over it all day.. :RpS_thumbup: :RpS_lol:

A Russian plasterer once told me he a client absolutly insisted on a shiney finish. He recons he used a watery pva mix and he it shone like sun light off a calm sea!

I personally can not confirm that this worked or is of any use to man or beast.

really a plastic trowel,it'll shine up a wall,anyone else used on,and with what results??????

John would say,

Its the man not the tool that gets results.

Unless you have a bulge that needs working on, then thats a different matter hahahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.