houses being destroyed

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

algeeman

It’s A Boy
Left our site today ...crossed the road to find out who's got the contract for the site there.

As I walked through the site the hallways in the houses looked patchy as hell ....at first I thought it was mould on the walls.

Site agents office was in a house that had been miss coated....well fuuck me every wall and ceiling in plot had been filled and sanded and still looked a mess.

Agent told me the jobs been a disgrace from start to point there at now (around 30 plots).

Every plot he said has had a different gang in.

I already knew the contractor as he gave me his details.

The differnce with our lads and theres is only 40p a metre.

I was astounded at the state of these plots.

Surely too fuuck this aint down to the contractors greed getting any gang they can ??

part and part proberly, contractors greed looking for the cheapest but also the plastering gangs taking on work for shite rates then getting miserable as fu ck at the rates they are on and not giving a ****, sad state of affairs really

we have actually just had the same on a big job we was on round our way we was ment to have 2 big buildings to float and skim but when we started we noticed other people walking about looking like they was plastering, so after a little while i had a mooch and found another gang hiding away in the second building that we knew nothing about and the work was appaling when we asked the site agent he said they were dirt cheap so we just said ta da and left the job

Is there no foreman on jobs like this?.Who makes sure all trades are up to scratch?.sounds like a cowboy setup.Builders standards vary and it's usually the fussy ones that last the distance.

This agent was fuming.....painters fuming obviously client aint gonna be happy.

Agent wanted rid of plastering contractor but his hands are tied.

If its up north it's. 2:50 m2 to skim if you're lucky,I've seen it before they start off with good intentions but once they realise it doesn't pay everything goes to pot ,its the rich getting richer and us getting ****** over!

Our firms only getting 40p a metre more.

Not a great deal but if we were getting same as them which I have done ..I dont think I could leave it as bad.

I get my arse ripped for not cutting out a few boxes !!!

No mate the houses I seen were facing different ways to the sun coming through .......in natural light + lights on in agents offic/house which plastering looked a mess.

Also I could see the sanded walls just walking through the site.

He also mentioned the amount of gangs they had gone through !!

I dont know maybe the new gadgets out lads think its a quick way of plastering.
the knew tools in wrong hands are a bad mix.

I know its **** all to do with other tradesmen but they were ripping the shhiittee out of the plastering....I could barley get a word in !!

If its up north it's. 2:50 m2 to skim if you're lucky,I've seen it before they start off with good intentions but once they realise it doesn't pay everything goes to pot ,its the rich getting richer and us getting ****** over!
Yr right about that pal got a phone call other day dot dab and skim £5 a meter then tax off I refuse to do it would rather stay at home and wank mi self daft than work for that

I know,if it ain't broke why fix it,I've used the plastic but I've gone back to my marshalltown,can't be doing getting out me van with a suitcase full of tools,stick with me little black bucket

Were on bellway sites at the mo plastering is ok but the other works are p1ss poor. God help the buyers. The window stone cills are the worst I have ever seen nasty and cheapo and fit badly

Were on bellway sites at the mo plastering is ok but the other works are p1ss poor. God help the buyers. The window stone cills are the worst I have ever seen nasty and cheapo and fit badly
Worked on plenty of their houses and have to agree god help the buyers but all they see is shiney light switches :)

I worked on a site for Kier few years back and the stone that was on the parapit walls was polystyrene made to look like sandstone the amount of people that thought they were paying a premium for actual stone finishes was laughable

It's totally down the greedy bstard contractor. Years ago a building contractor was just that? Cared about build quality and paid correctly for good men. A contractor now is some coked up office knob looking to fkck the next man to get all he wants.
Changed days indeed my beleaguered brothers of the trowel?

**** work is unacceptable in all areas of plastering but average work has become acceptable. Those that push harder to leave top quality work aren't really any better off. Even if the clowns get kicked off a job they'll walk into work elsewhere. Where the public are concerned most of them can't tell a good job from a bad one. Keeps the rough arses busy.

it's got to the stage where alot of these companies factor in the cost of repairing work (snagging) as a part of their price, the price of that is taken off the cost of the plastering, they don't loose money, they don't care.

The firm im on for dont use patchers.

You **** it you fix it.....which is right.

Bigger firms pay less rates for patchers and useless "site managers".

Fuuuuck it ...its pints time !!!

These site threads are a real eye opener. I would not and could not work on site for those prices and all the other **** that comes with site work, I would honestly rather sit in the house with not a pot to piss in.

Speaking to my mate lastnight who I used to work on site with few years back he's still on sites travelling all over the place recently started on a new job in west brom his first house was a skim only and when he told me the prices I couldn't believe it then he goes on to tell me he thought there was something iffy about the price so measured up turns out they had took all windows out of measure cupboard under the stairs and all the upper part of stair hole ! The best bit he confronted their contracts manager who said he was the first to cotton on to it and that they would sort it out total tossers glad I'm on my Todd on my own jobs couldn't deal with all the shite told him he's a nob if he goes bk Monday!

Taking windows out the measure, never understood that.
Company's I price work for itemise reveals and bead lengths which costs them more than just leaving an average size window in.

Status
Not open for further replies.