hours

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
i like to get to the job around 8ish and finish around 4 o clock, depends on where im workin and whatever im doin

i like to get to the job around 8ish and finish around 4 o clock, depends on where im workin and whatever im doin

I,m the same but tend to easily drift to 9am then have to work while 5pm, then traffic can be bad depending on were am working.

same as, i'd start earlier if i could but you can't turn up at 7 on a domestic!

8am start 2.30-3.00 im driving home

I wish, worked for that long in a factory regime that if I work less than 8hrs, I feel am taking the piss :(

if im on site after 4 i get all the other trades taking the piss............i thought all you plasterers fooked off at 3 .............must be doing something wrong ;D

site's are a different kettle of fish, start at 7 in van homewards by 3 at the latest

am still waitin for the princes trust to get there fingers out so am not workin at the mo cos theres nowt in the jobcentre

am still waitin for the princes trust to get there fingers out so am not workin at the mo cos theres nowt in the jobcentre

i been on job centre web site evryday and there not a sniff of nothin :'( :'(

gonna have to do sumthing else for a while :mad:

8am start and want to be driving home by 4.30 latest to beat rush hour ;) when i have work that is, phone hasn't rung for 2 weeks!!! :( :'(

Interesting thread Nicksey - was just coming on line to post a similar one - I'm primarily a domestic plasterer who likes to take his time and get a job done properly - However recently I have been working for a local builder who thankfully has put alot of work my way and in the current climate I cant really afford to turn down the £130 a day he's paying me - However, he's made it quite clear that for that money he expects me to knock four walls and a ceiling out in a day, whereas on domestic rates I'd happily charge around the £450 mark

Dont want to rock the boat with him as like I say, he's been good to me, but am I being taken for a ride to knock a room out for £130 ??

He's also moaned that he'd like me to be quicker ( I'm only held up by his labourers not having something ready for me to skim) and is talking about putting me on a square meterage rate - What can I expect the going the rate to be for a square metre ?

Any comments greatfully received as right now I'm feeling a bit deflated and pissed off !!

if he puts you on meterage rate then it works out better for you, but under no circumstance except anything less than £3m2 it doesnt matter what the current climate is

pristine it sounds like youre doing everything right mate he might be a bit pushy to get the job done quicker by offering you price work ......have a go mate but make sure the rooms etc are clear for you
plasterers do get cocky mate especially if you know youre good so sometimes asking someone to do a certain amount per day doesnt get recieved very well !!
have a pop at the price work and aslong as the rooms are clear it's all good ...........but lets hope when he can see what you can do he doesnt expect it on daywork too!

no worries mate just to emphasise the make sure rooms are clear for you again ;)

Man i must really slow then! My day is usually 8 till 6 sometimes later, and i work Saturdays...only been plastering 7 months though...i'm bneginning to notice my speed picking up now especially with skimming...i've been doing super sweeps! lol

£130 a room though i'd say you were been taken for a ride...especially if hes moaning about your speed, he'll be charging double or more than that to the customer...your a nice little earner to him imo. But its hard i know especially when builders throw work your way...i do a quality job and constantly haggle the price to make sure they know the score, as soon as you do 1 job cheap...you become cheap labour. :mad:

no i know m8 thats all fairplay but 50% + too much m8 25% is more like it. I don't know the size of the rooms but going on a average size room i wouldn't be happy with that, by the time u've paid your fuel + tax its not alot.

50 % of what........and when you tell the builder youre not happy then what happens........he fooks you off and gets another lad
p.s what size is the room pristine?

Interesting thread Nicksey - was just coming on line to post a similar one - I'm primarily a domestic plasterer who likes to take his time and get a job done properly - However recently I have been working for a local builder who thankfully has put alot of work my way and in the current climate I cant really afford to turn down the £130 a day he's paying me - However, he's made it quite clear that for that money he expects me to knock four walls and a ceiling out in a day, whereas on domestic rates I'd happily charge around the £450 mark

Dont want to rock the boat with him as like I say, he's been good to me, but am I being taken for a ride to knock a room out for £130 ??

He's also moaned that he'd like me to be quicker ( I'm only held up by his labourers not having something ready for me to skim) and is talking about putting me on a square meterage rate - What can I expect the going the rate to be for a square metre ?

Any comments greatfully received as right now I'm feeling a bit deflated and pissed off !!

u should just price him per room then u know where u stand, a room is do-able in 3 sets and u should be doing 3 sets a day when u think an avearge room is worth £400 ish then yeah your getting ripped off!

HE'S BEEN TOOK ON ON A DAYWORK BASIS NOT PRICE AND KNOW IT HAS CHANGED A BIT ;D

Its a new build extension Nicksey - About 12m long by 4m wide - Basically its going to be a granny annexe so within its floor area you've got kitchen fittings, plumbing for the bath and more electrical sockets with wires hanging out than you can shake a stick at - Had it been 4 unobstructed walls, I'd have kocked it out it 2 days quite comfortably but because I'm waiting for 'this to be done and that to be done' , It's turned into a right fiddly nightmare , aswell as having to dodge the aluminium towers they are still using to board the vaulted ceiling end - All in all , its turning into a bit of a pig and so difficult to crack on with

What i meant is going on an average size room pristine is getting paid 130 to plaster...if the builder is charging the job to the customer at 260 which he probably is or more then he making 50% profit.

anyway at the end of the day if your not happy then your not happy you know what your worth so don't let anybody wlak over you even if it means lsing the work imo theres plenty of other builders out there...start looking for another to get on board with and then fook this one off when your sorted.

if he gave you pricework from day 1 you probably could of sat at home and wait for the other trades to fook off and earn some money .....you might of hit some nice walls so there may not be much money left in the job .........it's a daywork job mate and if he put me on price with only a bit of work left i'd tell him to fook off ......dont let him try on the this is pricework scenario you agreed daywork at the start

What i meant is going on an average size room pristine is getting paid 130 to plaster...if the builder is charging the job to the customer at 260 which he probably is or more then he making 50% profit.

anyway at the end of the day if your not happy then your not happy you know what your worth so don't let anybody wlak over you even if it means lsing the work imo theres plenty of other builders out there...start looking for another to get on board with and then fook this one off when your sorted.
so you want to work for noone but yourself then :-?

i hate making other people money...... but £130 a day, is more than others are earning. because of the crunch

i hate making other people money...... but £130 a day, is more than others are earning. because of the crunch

i suppose a clean £130 aint the end of the world and u aint gotta worry about materials etc

tell him you'll do it on price work if he not happy with ur speed call his bluff cos sounds like he takin advantage of you bet he still makin good coin off you :mad:

Hello Mate
This is only my opinion mate but I would just bite your lip and crack on, the builder I have been working for has kept me going these last few months with domestic work slowing down and everything, no one knows how bad things are going to get aswell and some money is better than none

pristine m8 keep him sweet on 1 room for £130 because if its an average room of 40m you would be expected to do 2 of those with a labourer

Depends on the job/location etc. Usualy get to job about 9-9.30 time we get to merchants and stuff, Usualy leave about back of 4. Unless it's Friday ;D like an early finish on Fridays

Status
Not open for further replies.