Hook on skim beads

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant help but think it takes a minute to put 8 staples in and would hold It better? Also what if the walls arent straight? Will the top pop out as you fix the bottom?

the customer came back with them this morning i think he must have got them at travis or ridgens ill ask him later.
i put them up on board and over a combo of artex and old skim, not the straightest walls in the world bit it held fine.
dunno how much he paid for them but you can get them here
NEW: Hook On Bead - Inc Delivery

Last edited:
I don't get on with them at all, had 5 given me to try from the merchants, very nearly took 4 back. Rubbish on over-skims, ok on board work but still needed staples, if walls are out they still need dabbing on, Rip your hands to bits getting them out the van.

Bit gimmicky IMO

With normal beads I stick with no nails invisible as well as skim, bonding etc
Not going to try the hook on after these reviews.

I still really like the hook on beads, hate using the normal ones now, great for beams etc, think they will be like self adhesive scrim tape,

Used a few hundred of them, not perfect like everything but the are great for board work, I have used them on over skims too, not for the 1 mm skimmers ,the do take a decent coat ,the do lock together in the pack a bit but not really a problem,

Last edited:
Used a few hundred of them, not perfect like everything but the are great for board work, I have used them on over skims too, not for the 1 mm skimmers ,the do take a decent coat ,the do lock together in the pack a bit but not really a problem,

John could you please sort out the y button on your keyboard, it's doing my head in? :)

They are really good on board! Had a load from wack a while ago, snip them & give them a tap on with the snips! Solid! Only thing is, if the boarding Sind spot on, meeting on a corner etc, they do need a staple or too, I'm sure I was getting them same price as the perforated ones too, was buying in bulk though.

I used to love them but now pretty much hate them after my experience. I used to pay 35 notes a box including so 70p delivered and only needed to buy 2 boxes at a time for this price. Sometime in November of last year I bought 3 boxes and instantly noticed they were no where near as good as previous boxes I have used. I called the manufacturer and spoke to the owner. I told him I had 2 offcuts at the same length one old and one from the new box. I stated to him that the old one was heavier, the galv looked better quality and the hooks were much smaller and sharper. I asked had you changed the metal but was told no they had not. I could even see a difference in the colour. I was informed if I used them they would supply with a couple of new boxes once they had solved the issue and they would contact me. I called a few weeks later and was told it was a tooling issue and would still send me a box out once resolved. So 2 boxes turns to one. I did state that I was nailing or stapling every bead because they didn't even hook to plaster board. I even offered to post at my own coat the 2 lengths I had so they could look over them both. 3 months later. did I ever here back or receive a single bead, Did I hell. Am I going to call them again, Am I feck . will I carry on using them . Well I have several hundred catnic beads in my garage so that is how I feel about the customer service I got

I was at the manufacturers on Friday :)

I struggled to get them off the board once I had tapped them on....

Getting a box next week to play with in my place to see how I get on...

Ive used them and have to say they arnt bad at all , only problem was getting them apart when getting them out the box . Most times would be fine but i would get the odd bunch jammed together which took abit fiddling like

pull out a bundle and tap them on the foor,they'll come apart,so much quicker but sometimes need couple of staples on a join.when they first came out,like before this thread started,they had a smaller aris so you didn't use so much gear to fill it out but I'd still rather use em

what do you disagree with merit? we've been using these since 2011,I was jointing with them when they made the change to a deeper aris,I moaned cos I had to use nearly twice the amount of filler,they said it was to make them stronger but they only "hook" on so if they get knocked they need repairing anyway.i like them to use for speed putting them on and saves us buying thousands of staples a week,wouldn't use them on my house tho:risas:

what do you disagree with merit? we've been using these since 2011,I was jointing with them when they made the change to a deeper aris,I moaned cos I had to use nearly twice the amount of filler,they said it was to make them stronger but they only "hook" on so if they get knocked they need repairing anyway.i like them to use for speed putting them on and saves us buying thousands of staples a week,wouldn't use them on my house tho:risas:
Why would you not use them on your own house?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

was a joke,I would use em but fix em in place,I get given the beads to use at work and never supplied staples,and Reynolds don't pay the best so I'm guilt free there,as a review they are quick to put up but Im not so sure they hold the best

was a joke,I would use em but fix em in place,I get given the beads to use at work and never supplied staples,and Reynolds don't pay the best so I'm guilt free there,as a review they are quick to put up but Im not so sure they hold the best

The ones I used hold really well on Plasterboard and just enough on other surfaces but a few clouts in on those surfaces and the jobs a goodn :D

Status
Not open for further replies.