Hook beads from Contract beads

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

warriorupnorth

Private Member
Ok so the very nice people sent me a sample of 50 hook beads, yes thats right 50, so having tried them out over the last few weeks in various scenario's, here is my unbiased opinion

They are a good bead :RpS_thumbsup:

only slightly more expensive than normal beads (pence) and quick as you like, still have to stickem on on over skims etc but for boards they are bang on,

locally i usually pay around £1 a bead so maybe im being tucked up too? on the re skims he just looked as if he was knocking it on not trying to straighten/plumb anything? i may be wrong but i was shown to at least straighten them out?

Nick r+j do big deals. Loads of beads, loads of scrim, boxes of screws, tubs of pva, chuck in a free trowel etc.

oh right. i never use companies like that. just get the odd box here and there off ada and sheffins. its usually around £1 each tape, £2-50-£3 bg tape, i dont use pva and screws really.

how much tho? lol

i get skim beads for about £1

I've just been offered skim beads for 41p each.

I'm not easily impressed by new "gimmicks" but these look excellent.
When I start using these along with my new Ritmo I'll take over the world of skimming!

Nick just tell them what you want and they'll change the deal. Offered me snips and a permashape trowerl, when I said I didn't need them they offered to change them for 10k screws

Pricing

You guys are all going to get different prices across the country - its just the way it is, local to you is always better. The actual price you are paying for the hook bead at the moment is the introductory special offer of £22.50 + VAT - delivery on top of that is a bitch, no denying. But obviously the more you want the better the rates get - as with everyone. And you can always call us for quotes.
But mostly, we're just grateful for Warrior to trying them out for us, so, THANK YOU!!!! :RpS_thumbup:

And were going to send you another 1000 foc and as much PVA, bond-it, and collated dry wall screws as you want. :RpS_wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
But I can't get hold of any, apparently Currier has bought up all the spats in Europe and Spunky has secured the entire supply of sponge floats.:RpS_angry:

s**t was just about to order some up tonight, you having trouble getting spats?

also how you doing sourcing Thistle Spray Finish. I need 300 bags and cant seem to get a decent price!

Also contract i did email you from your site but got no replys need to sort some hook-on beads for 3500m2 job

Last edited:
No mate, just thought there was'nt much point with mostly doing residential and rarely using p/board on walls.

Am i right in saying they arnt much use on re-skims??

exactly the same as normal skim beads mate except with the little hooks on em for digging into plasterboard, i will just get them all the time now, especially as there is no real price difference, call in the TUT n Shive after work tomorrow and i will give you some, or call me and you can pick some up

s**t was just about to order some up tonight, you having trouble getting spats?

also how you doing sourcing Thistle Spray Finish. I need 300 bags and cant seem to get a decent price!

Also contract i did email you from your site but got no replys need to sort some hook-on beads for 3500m2 job

just got a refina email through saying about an offer on their spats. havent looked tho...

exactly the same as normal skim beads mate except with the little hooks on em for digging into plasterboard, i will just get them all the time now, especially as there is no real price difference, call in the TUT n Shive after work tomorrow and i will give you some, or call me and you can pick some up

Sorry Paul,

No Tut "n" Shive for me tonight.... and throwing a few ZZZZZ's up when you last posted last night!

The offers much appreciated though mate and will definataly give you a call, busy at the weekend (sat and sun my little lads football)
will give you a call towards the end of next week if thats ok?

You wont use a normal bead again.

While you here nick can i ask if you get a build up in the mixing chamber when using normal finish? Noticed it to day and wondered if it was normal?

of course u can ask mr curry. you do a bit yeah. it doesnt stay completely clean. i think a lot of it is to do with the initial startup. make sure everything is bone dry. only just cover your r+s by about an inch with water. put about a 1/4 of a bag in the hopper slowly so the water doesnt splash up. then start up and add the rest. and dont let the finish get too low in the hopper till ur finished with it.

the only reason it would stick is its getting too wet in the chamber. what water inlet do you have it on?? id maybe try the lower one for finish so it keeps the water lower???

did u get my message on facebook??

It's on the lower one mate. Thanks for the tips I'll try them out tomorrow. It was proper caked all around the rubber. Also is the mixing shaft rubber meant to get a bit of wear on it? Haven't looked at Facebook tonight but will now

Status
Not open for further replies.