Home owner - please critique this job?

Members online

If you don't mind me asking how did you find this guy. If I was you I'd would not let him back in to your house. And don't pay him a penny. At the end of the day he told you he was a plasterer. He is not

downloadfile-6.jpg

Was he the cheapest out there on check a trade ? ,or one of those sites ?

Lol that is the misconception, if it was the case then he would receive negative feedback and probably get no more work as a result. When you do a job from these sites you have to like with any job leave it bang on.

Thanks I do appreciate the helpful replies. I know it's shite, that is without debate. My query really is given I need to pay someone else to redo is it justified to not pay for original job. I'm not out to rip anybody off however don't feel I should pay twice to have job done. Have new plasterer booked via the guy from the college.

Natalie please tell me the lecturer at college isn't giving you one of his 'students' to do The job!
It won't be much better trust me!

You've been had over by someone who thinks they know but haven't a clue or someone who is just out to have people over.
His work is terrible.
He needs to be shot.

You are also partly to blame for letting it carry on to the stage it has.

I wouldn't pay him a penny tbh. The rate he charged he about £149.99 per day to much.

I'd offer him to get an Independent inspection done and say if it proves to be as bad as it looks he ain't getting nothing.

I'd now chose your next move wisely.
I'd recommend using someone from here. What area see you from?

If you don't use someone on here then you need to get 3 quotes, look at previous work and call references.
You'll be paying more to put right but that's the way it is.

Where did you find this idiot? Is he a free roamer? A company? Sole trader???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol that is the misconception, if it was the case then he would receive negative feedback and probably get no more work as a result. When you do a job from these sites you have to like with any job leave it bang on.
my mistake sorry ,should have said gum tree ect

If you don't mind me asking how did you find this guy. If I was you I'd would not let him back in to your house. And don't pay him a penny. At the end of the day he told you he was a plasterer. He is not
Through recommendations of other trades. We are new to area so haven't had work done yet to have a phone book of decent trades. Live and learn. I have complete confidence in our builder so will only go through him or get him to do it after this mess. You have the best intentions but didn't pan out well this time. I'll talk to him and explain why not paying etc and try not to feel guilty about it.

Through recommendations of other trades. We are new to area so haven't had work done yet to have a phone book of decent trades. Live and learn. I have complete confidence in our builder so will only go through him or get him to do it after this mess. You have the best intentions but didn't pan out well this time. I'll talk to him and explain why not paying etc and try not to feel guilty about it.
Don't feel guilty ask him to log on here we are very friendly and interested which bit he wants paying for and why:cachetada:

Natalie please tell me the lecturer at college isn't giving you one of his 'students' to do The job!
It won't be much better trust me!

You've been had over by someone who thinks they know but haven't a clue or someone who is just out to have people over.
His work is terrible.
He needs to be shot.

You are also partly to blame for letting it carry on to the stage it has.

I wouldn't pay him a penny tbh. The rate he charged he about £149.99 per day to much.

I'd offer him to get an Independent inspection done and say if it proves to be as bad as it looks he ain't getting nothing.

I'd now chose your next move wisely.
I'd recommend using someone from here. What area see you from?

If you don't use someone on here then you need to get 3 quotes, look at previous work and call references.
You'll be paying more to put right but that's the way it is.

Where did you find this idiot? Is he a free roamer? A company? Sole trader???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Suffolk Norfolk border. No not a student, I'm using a contact of the builder who I have confidence in who has done work/ built friends house from scratch. Seen the standard and has the years experience to sort both the mess and the different challenges old houses throw up. Thanks again

I love the way everybody jumps in to say it's s**t. It's all down to the £££££££ u can even tell by the original post it was all about cheap cheap cheap.

I dont think thats the case... everyone knows the standard should be...

I never quoted for a rough arsed job....

£50 and I will lash it...
150 and it will be ok
300 and it will be spot on...

I dont think thats the case... everyone knows the standard should be...

I never quoted for a rough arsed job....

£50 and I will lash it...
150 and it will be ok
300 and it will be spot on...
If I price 50 or 300 it will be spot on am that good. :rolleyes:

tell him that you are very disappointed with his attempt at plastering, you are going to employ an other plasterer to correct his work, if there is any money left over you will post it off to him, but if the cost is over his bill then you will be looking to him for reimbursement

What load of crap..

Ratedshitpeople.com is one of the main reason the trade is full of crap tradesmen..anybody can start an account and bid for work nobody vets the people and no one is bothered
Standards bombed
Wages bombed

Jokers website

What load of crap..

Ratedshitpeople.com is one of the main reason the trade is full of crap tradesmen..anybody can start an account and bid for work nobody vets the people and no one is bothered
Standards bombed
Wages bombed

Jokers website

You must be some sort of numpty my friend, if someone on let's say ratedpeople has only 50% rating and you employ them then if you get a s**t job then you have no complaints. If like me you have 100% ratings on them ( I no longer use them as they are so expensive ) then why would you do a s**t job and lose the 100% and a lot of future work ???
These review sites are the online word of mouth like it or not.