Hi, please help.

I like this Peter.... he has perseverance and he’s taken it all on the chin! Really looking forward to pics of the end result! Actually hope it goes well for you! Hope you’ll continue the good natured banter if it doesn’t! (y)

I like this Peter.... he has perseverance and he’s taken it all on the chin! Really looking forward to pics of the end result! Actually hope it goes well for you! Hope you’ll continue the good natured banter if it doesn’t! (y)

It's a wind up. He's too cocky and disrespectful toward the trade.

My guess is someone else will skim it. He'll claim it, then tell us how easy Plastering was

My guess is someone else will skim it. He'll claim it, then tell us how easy Plastering was
Agreed it annoying whe someone makes out it’s easy. I didn’t like the nan comment but the rest of the threads been good craic! I’m looking forward to pics!

Just confident. I do respect the trade and you guys. I know how hard it is, need practice and knowledge to be perfect. But is rewarding to. In your trade,final product staying around for years, in mine going down to toilet after 6 hours.

II would not buy those if I have someone else to plaster:
AA96C33A-190A-4E73-B66D-9B2DCB7F38D9.jpeg
AA96C33A-190A-4E73-B66D-9B2DCB7F38D9.jpeg

Just confident. I do respect the trade and you guys. I know how hard it is, need practice and knowledge to be perfect. But is rewarding to. In your trade,final product staying around for years, in mine going down to toilet after 6 hours.

Can't argue with that. Is it your first time plastering? Be good to see it and get your honest opinion

Did you get it on then or what?

Btw, you'll be sorry if you use that flexi trowel on the walls that the sun shines down.

Btw, you'll be sorry if you use that flexi trowel on the walls that the sun shines down.
Not yet... I think I made the mistake and I try to do it all ceiling at ones. It was to big for the first timer. Till i get to opposite corner was to dry to trowel even with help of water and brush. Gonna do it again today.

Not yet... I think I made the mistake and I try to do it all ceiling at ones. It was to big for the first timer. Till i get to opposite corner was to dry to trowel even with help of water and brush. Gonna do it again today.

No one said would be easy.

Attachments

• CE20B3FB-CEA3-48BF-93F7-86E95A5D1A9A.jpeg
    CE20B3FB-CEA3-48BF-93F7-86E95A5D1A9A.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 278
  • 8EC200FA-3B88-4550-9409-776F1A123759.jpeg
    8EC200FA-3B88-4550-9409-776F1A123759.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 269

The heat won't be helping. Harder than it looks eh. Appreciate the honesty

Question guys:
It is ok to put some water in already mix multi finish in the bucket to make wet again?
Can I skim ceiling again today to flatten on those holes? What’s the best way ?

Attachments

• D0FE396F-38A9-448C-A764-6212088688D8.jpeg
    D0FE396F-38A9-448C-A764-6212088688D8.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 224
  • 93503A06-50C4-47ED-9094-1B397673377B.jpeg
    93503A06-50C4-47ED-9094-1B397673377B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 240
Last edited:
I don’t mean
Question guys:
It is ok to put some water in already mix multi finish in the bucket to make wet again?
Can I skim ceiling again today to flatten on those holes? What’s the best way ?

This thread made me chuckle. Any pics yet? Still don't know if I support or condemn you! I think vfr12 above me here is right.

Why is that? The flexi trowel?

I did post pic
Get a few smaller buckets filled with water mix smaller batches on the go so it won't go off at the same time, or put a roofing batten in the middle skim up to it, then remove the batten then skim other side, saves you killing yourself

Wow I wasn’t actually expecting you to post pictures! Hats off for honesty and bravery!

It’s not at all bad for a first go. You could always use one fill and sand those bits later.

Smoothing your first coat and making it as flat as possible will help. You can add cream of tartare to the water before you mix to slow down the going off time in this heat. If you fill a spray bottle with water you can mist it over the plaster also to give yourself more time

I did post pic
Get a few smaller buckets filled with water mix smaller batches on the go so it won't go off at the same time, or put a roofing batten in the middle skim up to it, then remove the batten then skim other side, saves you killing yourself
Thanks
I gonna skim all celling again today to cover all imperfections Gonna split on half with batten. Do I have to PVA first?
Plastered yesterday.
Or just patch the holes?

Attachments

• 92FEC198-8650-4EA0-9F5F-E60980A6DD35.jpeg
    92FEC198-8650-4EA0-9F5F-E60980A6DD35.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 215
  • 0B58C40E-09D7-4F19-A18F-138A0F950704.jpeg
    0B58C40E-09D7-4F19-A18F-138A0F950704.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 252
Wow I wasn’t actually expecting you to post pictures! Hats off for honesty and bravery!

It’s not at all bad for a first go. You could always use one fill and sand those bits later.

Smoothing your first coat and making it as flat as possible will help. You can add cream of tartare to the water before you mix to slow down the going off time in this heat. If you fill a spray bottle with water you can mist it over the plaster also to give yourself more time
What do you mean cream of tartar?