hi looking to train as a plasterrer?

fozzer12

Hi all new to the forum so i am currently a gardener and have been for the last 2 and a half years but I am looking to change jobs to plastering so if anyone can advice what course to do and what steps I need to take as I am a complete beginner i am from liverpool

Any help much appreciated
Thanks in advance

Hi all new to the forum so i am currently a gardener and have been for the last 2 and a half years but I am looking to change jobs to plastering so if anyone can advice what course to do and what steps I need to take as I am a complete beginner i am from liverpool

Thanks in advance
Welcome aboard mate. First off it's past midnight, that means you've got stamina...you'll need that to be a plasterer.
Phone every plastering company you can, then do the same the next week and the next week and the next week until they get sick of hearing your name...then you might get a start (that's what I did). Tell them why you want to be a plasterer - there must be a reason? College courses are good for a qualification - it works for some and not for others. Buy a hawk/hand board & trowel & a bag of sand, mix the sand with some plasticiser and practice moving the gear around, picking it up, flicking it on/off the hawk...you'll drop it lots, then one day the magic starts. Good luck

Welcome aboard mate. First off it's past midnight, that means you've got stamina...you'll need that to be a plasterer.
Phone every plastering company you can, then do the same the next week and the next week and the next week until they get sick of hearing your name...then you might get a start (that's what I did). Tell them why you want to be a plasterer - there must be a reason? College courses are good for a qualification - it works for some and not for others. Buy a hawk/hand board & trowel & a bag of sand, mix the sand with some plasticiser and practice moving the gear around, picking it up, flicking it on/off the hawk...you'll drop it lots, then one day the magic starts. Good luck

bob on

Thanks in advance

Welcome along :D