Hi Everyone

The world now sees me as a wron'un and I can't even get a job at the post office nor asda so I have to do up my house, sell up and move into somewhere smaller and will study the grafter trades

Welcome Larry the most disturbing aspect of your introduction is not the jug term but the sun reading ! Anyway each to there own welcome and good luck ! Good lads on here !

Many window warriors? You either get mouthy ones, self isolators (debtors or otherwise), or the lifers. The lifers I knew were actually very kind to me. Most of them were quite small, smaller than me (I'm 5ft 7) couldn't fathom that one out!

I went on the wing with a Prison guard and went to a cell for a few minutes and it was quite lively

I used to read the Telegraph, but couldn't order that behind the walls easily, so was always given the sun to read, I mean look at... not much editorial in that paper is there lol

Welcome Larry the most disturbing aspect of your introduction is not the jug term but the sun reading ! Anyway each to there own welcome and good luck ! Good lads on here !

The world now sees me as a wron'un and I can't even get a job at the post office nor asda so I have to do up my house, sell up and move into somewhere smaller and will study the grafter trades

that is unfortunately the case and that is why the trades are a good start for people who leave prison...

Many window warriors? You either get mouthy ones, self isolators (debtors or otherwise), or the lifers. The lifers I knew were actually very kind to me. Most of them were quite small, smaller than me (I'm 5ft 7) couldn't fathom that one out!

I have a mate who spent some time a year or so inside... he is a lovely chap just got some paperwork wrong and it all went very wrong for him and his family... he did a year!!!

Everyone I met inside was nice to me and I would say I would drink with them down the pub...

Beats working in an office anyway... So far nothing comes close to being self employed with the freedom :rock:

I'm currently doing odd jobs for people - decorating etc, and I'm enjoying it

that is unfortunately the case and that is why the trades are a good start for people who leave prison...

I think if the public knew the exact number who really shouldn't be inside they would be astounded. One guy had his roast on ready to have when he left court - he didn't get that far...

I have a mate who spent some time a year or so inside... he is a lovely chap just got some paperwork wrong and it all went very wrong for him and his family... he did a year!!!

Everyone I met inside was nice to me and I would say I would drink with them down the pub...

I'm also 5ft 7.. If you stand on top of me, we could operate as a 2 man band. We'd essentially be one, but, you know what I mean.

I forgot dude, are you a plasterer already? Or looking to get into it?

I was known as the gnome... Felt like land of the giants :endesacuerdo:

Before learning on this 2 week course, never picked up a trowel before and thought (and still do) think it's black magic - a very high skill, just like chess, easy to learn, hard to master! I'll start a few other posts today with the kit I have and a few issues I'm experiencing (I've already picked up the moaning skill along with the aches and pains)

On the course, it's basically been how to mix (into a mousse) with thistle multi, how to measure/cut and install plasterboard/scrim, how to pva the walls (3:1), throwing up the mix and a top coat. I can barely crawl with what I know, but am a quick learner (been watching videos on youtube with a sprinkle of salt)

So far I've done ceilings (16sqm), walls (8sqm) on a variety of surfaces, but not so much on the floor! :inocente:

I'm also 5ft 7.. If you stand on top of me, we could operate as a 2 man band. We'd essentially be one, but, you know what I mean.

I forgot dude, are you a plasterer already? Or looking to get into it?

Oh yes, the number 1 issue in prisons is personal hygiene, a lot of people are depressed, when the guys were growing up there was no family(support), the education system failed them so they are very street smart.

I trained as a listener and helped so many of them, for a lot of the time the stories they told were pretty sad - let down by so many people and they just 'fell' into what they did. There were some who I wouldn't go anywhere near due to my own safety

I went for a stroll round strangeways years ago, my mate was the plumber there for years and they had a day where they could take two friends or family round. It was a f**k**g awful place. The smell....

I'm an idiot for trying to learn the trades (learning construction/plumbing/electrics/plastering) and am stubborn enough to see them through :numberone:

Best of Luck Larry. Head down and graft hard. Few people hear have been inside and gone on to make a success of life. It’s up to you now

I too don't have a lot of experience on floors.
I was known as the gnome... Felt like land of the giants :endesacuerdo:

Before learning on this 2 week course, never picked up a trowel before and thought (and still do) think it's black magic - a very high skill, just like chess, easy to learn, hard to master! I'll start a few other posts today with the kit I have and a few issues I'm experiencing (I've already picked up the moaning skill along with the aches and pains)

On the course, it's basically been how to mix (into a mousse) with thistle multi, how to measure/cut and install plasterboard/scrim, how to pva the walls (3:1), throwing up the mix and a top coat. I can barely crawl with what I know, but am a quick learner (been watching videos on youtube with a sprinkle of salt)

So far I've done ceilings (16sqm), walls (8sqm) on a variety of surfaces, but not so much on the floor! :inocente:
I also don't have a lot of experience on floors