Hi and advice please

NickEvs

Hi All,

Just joined, enjoy a bit of DIY but no professional, cant plaster, render or anything like that though :)

just had the whole house done with Perex, soon after noticed small holes everywhere, from penny sized dry patches to small pin holes. if you rubbed with your finger the dry crumbly and pin holes larger holes appear down to the base coat. ive attached pics and video

Ive also got large areas of hollow (blown) render

Today have had builders and sales rep, builders are blaming me for rubbing the holes with my finger, saying ive made it look worse. Rep is protecting the product. Both Builders and rep are saying the blown areas wont come off. Absolute Mexican stand off to a point where they were starting to blame each other when I wouldn't back down.

Builders want to fill holes, Perex is going to get one of their engineers out, but to be honest I don't trust anyone connected to the builders as Perex will want them to continue using and purchasing.

What I think it wasn't mixed properly and who knows why the area has blown (rendered to stone)

Please does anyone have any advice? as its driving me crazy, Perex is protecting the product, saying that it will have defects as its hand / mixed applied, builders are annoyed ive exposed the holes.

Thanks

Nick

Attachments

• IMG_20191017_080457.jpg
    IMG_20191017_080457.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 283
  • IMG_20191017_080800.jpg
    IMG_20191017_080800.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 287
  • Vid 20200423 115748-1.mp4
    40.3 MB
Hi All,

Just joined, enjoy a bit of DIY but no professional, cant plaster, render or anything like that though :)

just had the whole house done with Perex, soon after noticed small holes everywhere, from penny sized dry patches to small pin holes. if you rubbed with your finger the dry crumbly and pin holes larger holes appear down to the base coat. ive attached pics and video

Ive also got large areas of hollow (blown) render

Today have had builders and sales rep, builders are blaming me for rubbing the holes with my finger, saying ive made it look worse. Rep is protecting the product. Both Builders and rep are saying the blown areas wont come off. Absolute Mexican stand off to a point where they were starting to blame each other when I wouldn't back down.

Builders want to fill holes, Perex is going to get one of their engineers out, but to be honest I don't trust anyone connected to the builders as Perex will want them to continue using and purchasing.

What I think it wasn't mixed properly and who knows why the area has blown (rendered to stone)

Please does anyone have any advice? as its driving me crazy, Perex is protecting the product, saying that it will have defects as its hand / mixed applied, builders are annoyed ive exposed the holes.

Thanks

Nick
It’s a bit late pal should of asked parex for approved applicators ! Was it a next day scrape ? It’s the application not the render

It's application error not the product,
Hand application/no serrated edge, and god knows how many other application f**k ups,
It's Not parexs fault
Looks bad if the rep is standing by the builder

That looks like they’ve left it too long to scrape back and it’s been hard set and /or bits of lumps in the mix.
Ways out of it could be to fill the holes to blend in and paint it in Parex’s own equalising paint they make, a uv resistant acrylic,this world give the panels a uniform look. Parex is one of the better quality renders about, it’s not really a manufacturer issue it’s down to the ‘builders’ to rectify and make good if it’s not up to standard.
For me though Parex are wrong it shouldn’t have any defects in, it shouldn’t be detriment to the product if hand or machine applied. It’s one of them isn’t it, if a walls built wonky it’s not the bricks fault, it’s the fella that laid them.

Last edited:
I think your the plasterer you f**k*d up and now your clutching at straws for answers! If you don’t know don’t touch!! :coffe:

I think your the plasterer you f**k*d up and now your clutching at straws for answers! If you don’t know don’t touch!! :coffe:

it was stupid to poke holes into the render. i would have hosed the wall down to try to cure the dry spots.

I think you have too much of an over active imagination, is this is how you would clutch at straws?.......and its You are or You're not your ;)