Hi All

Members online

Hi Pam!

Welcome along! Don’t mind these lot! Good luck with going it alone. If you’re good you’ll do great! Being a girl is a niche that works to your advantage. Don’t care if that sounds bad it’s true!

I am tomboy plastering you can find me on Facebook. If you ever need any advice feel free to give me a shout
Sexist! How come we don’t get that treatment! :LOL:

Thanks. I currently do domestic skimming mostly. Some commercial for small builders and developers but not full on house bashing.

The plan is to live cheap for the next wee while and expand the contacts I have from my weekend work. I'm at the stage now where that work would just about support me. So long as it goes up and not down, I should be able to make it OK.
Best way to be , if you're outgoings are high you end up working for all sorts just to keep afloat , I had 10 years of working for sh.t builders untill I found two decent honest ones and never got messed about again , makes working a pleasure

Best way to be , if you're outgoings are high you end up working for all sorts just to keep afloat , I had 10 years of working for sh.t builders untill I found two decent honest ones and never got messed about again , makes working a pleasure
Yep. That's more or less what I was thinking.

It's been hard though, even getting to this point.

Welcome on board Pam - what part of Scotland are you? I worked in Edinburgh years ago - loads of cornice work there. :)

Hi Pam!

Welcome along! Don’t mind these lot! Good luck with going it alone. If you’re good you’ll do great! Being a girl is a niche that works to your advantage. Don’t care if that sounds bad it’s true!

I am tomboy plastering you can find me on Facebook. If you ever need any advice feel free to give me a shout
Why would she ask you for advice, you know fuckall? No offense.

Hi Pam!

I can see that. I've also had a lot of skepicism. People being surprised that I can actually do it.

I think from what I've seen just being around is going to help me soak up a lot.

I can see that. I've also had a lot of skepicism. People being surprised that I can actually do it.

I think from what I've seen just being around is going to help me soak up a lot.
Everyone has an opinion. Take it with a pinch of salt and never personally or you’ll spend your time fighting useless battles when life’s too short! In the ten years I’ve been plastering the good guys have far outweighed the bad.

If you need further assistance you can always ask @essexandy i taught him everything he knows and he’s very generous handing out free advice! Lives for it!

I’m pretty sure he gives great hugs too but yet to test the theory :risas:

Everyone has an opinion. Take it with a pinch of salt and never personally or you’ll spend your time fighting useless battles when life’s too short! In the ten years I’ve been plastering the good guys have far outweighed the bad.

If you need further assistance you can always ask @essexandy i taught him everything he knows and he’s very generous handing out free advice! Lives for it!

I give out lots of great advice I'll have you know, trouble is most of it goes straight over your head.
Why can't be much more than a month ago I suggested that you should pack plastering in and find something you're good at.
@Pam H now don't you be letting us down, we're pinning our hopes on you being the first decent female spread on here (no offense @lurpak).

I give out lots of great advice I'll have you know, trouble is most of it goes straight over your head.
Why can't be much more than a month ago I suggested that you should pack plastering in and find something you're good at.
@Pam H now don't you be letting us down, we're pinning our hopes on you being the first decent female spread on here (no offense @lurpak).

AA38865C-A00C-462A-B937-1E2F830BC23E.jpeg

think he has a notion for u jess but wont admit it

I haven't got ten years under my belt yet but the boss used to like sending me to the people who would be the most shocked by having a wee lassie at the job.