Hey People

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salty

Newby to spreading, came out my time in 08 only done it for about 4 years, still learning, still gaining pace. Seen this site, loads of cracking information and things that's helped me out.

Just wondering if any of you lot tile as well as plaster as I'm thinking of going into that route as well.

Reason being is I've came across quite a bit of bathroom work and clients ask me regularly if i can tile, i obviously say no as i draw the line at splash back, and mosaic/patterned seem a bit out of my league.

Just wondering what your take of it is?

I'm going to bring a few questions to the board, mainly based around myself, but I'll try and provide info if that's ok :)
Cheers!

Hi Salty welcome to the forum, i could answer a few questions about tiling as i mosaic tile swimming pools and have done most other tiling at some stage, i also did a plastering apprenticeship years ago ,then was a spread for a long time ,even when to germany to work in the 80's ,there is a fair bit to bathroom /wet room work now as you have to get the tanking right ,there is UFH systems ,tiling on wood all sorts to consider......good to have you here

Hi Salty welcome to the forum, i could answer a few questions about tiling as i mosaic tile swimming pools and have done most other tiling at some stage, i also did a plastering apprenticeship years ago ,then was a spread for a long time ,even when to germany to work in the 80's ,there is a fair bit to bathroom /wet room work now as you have to get the tanking right ,there is UFH systems ,tiling on wood all sorts to consider......good to have you here

Very knowledgeable then? Good to know mate!

How did you pick up tiling? What got you into it if, you were a spreading first? As i don't trust these dodgey courses, I've asked about mosaic and stuff and none of them are delving into it.

Yea I'm starting to struggle with work at the moment, so thinking about getting back onto the sites, where-as if i learned how to tile, i could make a little extra and we all like money haha.

Get as many strings to your bow as possible ,you will not want to be banging out houses at 50 !

Very knowledgeable then? Good to know mate!

How did you pick up tiling? What got you into it if, you were a spreading first? As i don't trust these dodgey courses, I've asked about mosaic and stuff and none of them are delving into it.

Yea I'm starting to struggle with work at the moment, so thinking about getting back onto the sites, where-as if i learned how to tile, i could make a little extra and we all like money haha.

well it was part of the plasterers apprenticeship years ago when it did mine,we covered it in an old fashioned way with mortar fixing and basic setting out, but i kept my hand in then got mixed-up with some Italians and learned the mosaic/swimming pool's and this payed more than the plastering and was easier on the body ,so i stuck with it ,and kept-up to date with all the new methods/products, simples (not really polish ) lol

Welcome to the forum Salty!
Good Luck mate - loads of experience on here.......... Don't be afraid to ask, regardless of the banter!

Status
Not open for further replies.