hernia operation

hector

so after many years carrying/lifting bags of plaster/plasterboards etc, up and down scaffolds, all caught up with me now,
hernia operation coming up soon,
anybody had one,
how did it go, success or not,

so after many years carrying/lifting bags of plaster/plasterboards etc, up and down scaffolds, all caught up with me now,
hernia operation coming up soon,
anybody had one,
how did it go, success or not,
3 plasterers I know had the op.
All good apart from one who went back to work too soon and popped his stitches...

I had one many years ago, no problems but I did take the 6 weeks off recommended at the time. Think its quicker now with keyhole surgery

Take care of yourself man none of us getting and younger ,just been diagnosed with atrial fibrillation when it kicks in it sucks the life out of me ,such is the way of life we all have a cross to bare

Had one last June. Had been loafing out boards on a Thursday, was in pain on Friday and had to go home. Sunday the lump appeared and was operated on on the Tuesday night as it was strangulated. Was told six weeks no heavy lifting. Had two weeks rest then went back to work painting for a few weeks before boarding again. I avoid loading out boards as much as I can now, and get the boys to do it.
The surgery was keyhole. Got 3 incisions that are almost invisible.

Speedy recovery hectar. Most important these days is wearing the mask I think...I wear it all the time particle filters and gas filters. That expanding/adhesive foam and PIR insulation is horrible stuff