Help

Members online

Dawsy36

Alright lads new on here. Need some advice on patching krend. Is it worth just skimming the wall again to stop light patches ?

Hi I have a wall made from limestone, it was really nice and white and I applied stabilising solution to it and it turned yellow. Can someone tell me if there is something that can get it back to it's original stone colour.

Hi guys, just done my first k rend wall looks shocking with lights on few bumps, can I scratch them out or re coat with new beads???? And do I need take old off?? Cheers

Hi guys, just done my first k rend wall looks shocking with lights on few bumps, can I scratch them out or re coat with new beads???? And do I need take old off?? Cheers
Don't touch stuff like that if u haven't done it before, go out with another squad that does it, to see how it's done. It's hard stuff to get right if u no experience in it, and very unforgiving stuff to work with. It can be coated over, with new beads, bit probably best to strip it. If it's all bumps and stuff, I'm assuming u don't have an ibar to scratch it, get one. Huge help, then just scrabble back what the ibar doesn't get and reveals etc

Don't touch stuff like that if u haven't done it before, go out with another squad that does it, to see how it's done. It's hard stuff to get right if u no experience in it, and very unforgiving stuff to work with. It can be coated over, with new beads, bit probably best to strip it. If it's all bumps and stuff, I'm assuming u don't have an ibar to scratch it, get one. Huge help, then just scrabble back what the ibar doesn't get and reveals etc
Cheers pal, I’ve done a lot of pillars easy with the ibar. Do I go go both up and down and across with bar? And can I just scratch them bumps out without redoing pal?

Attachments

• 2507BD2C-C679-4155-9E6B-6DFF2244E6A2.jpeg
    2507BD2C-C679-4155-9E6B-6DFF2244E6A2.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 377
Cheers pal, I’ve done a lot of pillars easy with the ibar. Do I go go both up and down and across with bar? And can I just scratch them bumps out without redoing pal?

That is not as bad as I was expecting to be honest @wezley how do you do it :D

No don't scratch it back, it will Be hard as the road now, and if u are able scratch it back, will show up a lighter colour than rest of it. And yeah best do use ibar both directions to shape it.

No don't scratch it back, it will Be hard as the road now, and if u are able scratch it back, will show up a lighter colour than rest of it. And yeah best do use ibar both directions to shape it.
Laughing. So if I was to go over again can I use a primer and go over that or just scratch the lot off? And got wet should I mix the top coat? Did it thick on that wall hot day aswel

Laughing. So if I was to go over again can I use a primer and go over that or just scratch the lot off? And got wet should I mix the top coat? Did it thick on that wall hot day aswel
Personally would take it off but u could rend aid it, or maybe another product available. How wet, different ppl do It diff mate, Ideally close to mortars thickness. K-rend sags though if it's too soft and ur coats anyways heavy. Best to do in two coats as one heavyish one.

Personally would take it off but u could rend aid it, or maybe another product available. How wet, different ppl do It diff mate, Ideally close to mortars thickness. K-rend sags though if it's too soft and ur coats anyways heavy. Best to do in two coats as one heavyish one.
Top man, two coats? Always do base and one top. If I did it in two do I wait till first coat drys or go straight over with second pal?

Top man, two coats? Always do base and one top. If I did it in two do I wait till first coat drys or go straight over with second pal?
Usually go straight over it again, it only if beads are too heavy to bring out in one without if sliding use two smaller coats. If u can bring it out in one coat fine then no need. To coat twice.