Help with ritmo.

80nobby80

Afternoon people .
Had a nightmare today with my ritmo set her up this morning and started spraying when started spraying wet then thick .
So clamped up but couldn't tighten any more. So I changed rotor and stator.
Cleaned machine and started again .
The same happen again .
So cleaned out again .
Same happened again .
Checked presure all good . Filters brand new mixing shafts brand new .
Spraying hardwall and it's setting in the mixing chamber and coming up after 2 bags of gear . Speed is only on 6

Need HELP or the machine is gunna get it . Lol

Lol indeed!
@Vincey might be able to help , he is the BG representative on here:D
I'm a complete amateur with ritmo but do like having a guess on these ritmo posts , god honest truth guess I'd say there maybe some dried gear blocking the material going through , right on the bend at bottom of r/s which causing the gear not to be able to flow through to the hose , backing up causing water to drop and jamming up the hopper

Also are you running it off a pump ? Did you do a material test before connecting up ? And why speed 6 not full bore ?

Is this to get back at the Mtec 200 thread?? Often it's human error not the machines no matter who f**k**g makes them

Nobby, post your start up procedure, I have sprayed plenty of hardwall through a ritmo but it can be a bit stressy at first. We do 20ish bags then clean out, I'm an old school plasterer and find it easier to hand apply after spraying hardwall, due to setting time being reduced it's a ball ache not being able to skim what you have floated same day. On a large area would be great, but not on little houses.

Mc iv all ways used bagged render before the first job with hardwall I used 10 pallets of hardwall. All good
On this job it's 5 pallets and it just been ball ach . Even today the hardwall was going of after just 2 bags in the mixing chamber

Mc iv all ways used bagged render before the first job with hardwall I used 10 pallets of hardwall. All good
On this job it's 5 pallets and it just been ball ach . Even today the hardwall was going of after just 2 bags in the mixing chamber

It must be the Hardwall. I do have the water at 350 to 380

It was spraying nice at 225 which i thought was low then went wet then stiff

Are you filling the mixing chamber with water to the end crossbar of the mixing shaft. And make sure u dont splash the powder into the mixing chamber. Let it run Down the side of the hopper.

Its likr to much water is going into the chamber then water splashes into the bottom of the hopper. would you say the water jet in the top inlet could be worn . As iv got a new mixing shaft. I just cant think off anything else. Like i said before i cant turn up the speed from 6/ 7 as the water splashes up

A light weight shaft makes a difference
a01faa3770c62772df8440cb4fc46390.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its likr to much water is going into the chamber then water splashes into the bottom of the hopper. would you say the water jet in the top inlet could be worn . As iv got a new mixing shaft. I just cant think off anything else. Like i said before i cant turn up the speed from 6/ 7 as the water splashes up

I just use speed 10. If u are changing the speed when the machine is pumping that's your problem. I allways test the Hardwall in to a test bucket until I get the consistency I want. Then put on the hose. I don't change the speed. If I start at speed 10 the machine stays on it

I don't change the speed when shes on. I cleaned her out I was wondering why water was backing up so tested with no materials in the hopper .
Then found out on about 7 water comes up and sets the hardwall off then after 10 mins iv got 2 bags of setting had wall in the hopper

I don't change the speed when shes on. I cleaned her out I was wondering why water was backing up so tested with no materials in the hopper .
Then found out on about 7 water comes up and sets the hardwall off then after 10 mins iv got 2 bags of setting had wall in the hopper
@MikeAtthis Will help you. Heed his advice

Then found out on about 7 water comes up and sets the hardwall off then after 10 mins iv got 2 bags of setting had wall in the hopper[
You have to spray a lot wetter than you think
if you speeding it up before you make it even wetter the material is too thick to get out the pipe and will back up in the hopper

As I said on speed 10 I have the water setting on 350 to 380. But it all depends how old the r@s is.

Personally i don't think the R/S lasts as long with Hardwall
It needs to be holding 10 bar for hardwall and as low as 6 for mono