help with finish please

Members online

S a plastering

Private Member
image.jpeg
has anyone seen or done this finish we have to copy the existing house and it's this finish it looks like a stiff brush has been dragged downwards any thoughts or help be appreciated cheers

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 805
Adding a handful or so of fine granno chippings will achieve your bobbly effect but it looks bloody awful! !??
I know mate but the fukin customer has got a hard on for copying the finish its through a builder so it's out of my hands doing it in Weber ocr

I know mate but the fukin customer has got a hard on for copying the finish its through a builder so it's out of my hands doing it in Weber ocr
As said chuck some fine granno chippings in or you won't get the same effect dragging your brush down ??

As said chuck some fine granno chippings in or you won't get the same effect dragging your brush down ??
so say we mix up six bags in a bath how much grano for that mate and will it float up first then drag a brush down it talk me through it pal :)

so say we mix up six bags in a bath how much grano for that mate and will it float up first then drag a brush down it talk me through it pal :)
Id mix a bag and add grano gradually testing it on a sample if you will amd it looks like a soft brush head had been used to brush down/up to create the effect?? Id defo be trying a bag to test than knocking 6 up at once before you know you can replicate the origional finish

Id mix a bag and add grano gradually testing it on a sample if you will amd it looks like a soft brush head had been used to brush down/up to create the effect?? Id defo be trying a bag to test than knocking 6 up at once before you know you can replicate the origional finish
we are doing a sample panel mate on a smaller wall round the back

Might have to seal it first but do a test Panel on a plaster board or something first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

would you still float finish it first gregg

Judging by the pic with the lumps bumps and waves that don't look like it's been floated, when doing a normal finish with a brush it's not floated first it's just put on neat then pattern

would you still float finish it first gregg
No mate id rule/spat then get the brush on it but not too early. Its trail and error am afraid your going to have to try a few techniques etc plus wether to brush wet or let it pull in a bit etc one of them am afraid pal. Best allow yourselves at least half a day to get it right??

No mate id rule/spat then get the brush on it but not too early. Its trail and error am afraid your going to have to try a few techniques etc plus wether to brush wet or let it pull in a bit etc one of them am afraid pal. Best allow yourselves at least half a day to get it right??
cheers mate will do I'll have a fuk about with it on a sample piece cheers greg

View attachment 11787 has anyone seen or done this finish we have to copy the existing house and it's this finish it looks like a stiff brush has been dragged downwards any thoughts or help be appreciated cheers
I'll check my sample board when I get back but looks to me like you could use or maybe it is flexirend highbuild dragged down with a sponge float or brush ?

I'll check my sample board when I get back but looks to me like you could use or maybe it is flexirend highbuild dragged down with a sponge float or brush ?
don't think it's high build mate it sort of cuts into the render an not sit on top like high build cheers anyway mate also thought it was alpine at first glance but no haha

don't think it's high build mate it sort of cuts into the render an not sit on top like high build cheers anyway mate also thought it was alpine at first glance but no haha
Okay thought I would throw it in there,
Looks like a few on a 1990s built estate round my way, love these kind of thread's,best of luck with the mission.

Looks like they layed it on then it fooking hammered down and they tryed wiping the water off with a soft brush!

I hate these jobs you can never match to someone else's finish especially with s**t like that.

All the best mate would be good to see what you come up with

Just use the head off a semi stiff brush , the boobly bits are only bits of material what the brush leaves on dragging. There's nowt technical about that finish
Maybe hold a rule plumb on each pass with the brush

As said above it looks very gritty. It wants some fine aggregate adding to it. A fatty mix but sharp. Get flat then a stiff broom down it.