help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

fisha206

hi all, im about to k rend a house that has just has an extension added to the back... problem is that the original house has over the years fell away a little to the gable side... (had strutural people out etc and its all fine i,e not goin to fall down any time soon :RpS_biggrin:) but now tht the new extension has been added to the back it bevles out from about 1/2 inch from the bottom to 3 inch at the top...what he wants to do instead of curving it he wants me to baton outoff hte extension and make a little return..
back to the topic :rolleyes) i want to know what people would recommend to use to build flush as its will be a fair old bit ?
hope this makes sense to people cuz im confusing meself just writing it :RpS_crying:
cheers

You can go over sand cement use a tilers trowel to scratch it so it doesn't go as prickly like a comb and use half the amount of waterproofer you'd use if you were floating either that or the manufactures base coat

i,m with you Spunky ,but the BS STANDARD on thickness is 28mm ,we all go over that ,but thats what they say

i,m with you Spunky ,but the BS STANDARD on thickness is 28mm ,we all go over that ,but thats what they say

I wouldn't know the max allowed, but if I've ever had to build something out really thick I've combined a 3:1:1 mix of sand:cement:grano dust applied through a sheet of expanded metal lath fixed to the wall. Also the mix would contain pva, but now using SBR:RpS_thumbup:

You could still leave it 10mm shy and dub that area out first before you start the rest

I wouldn't know the max allowed, but if I've ever had to build something out really thick I've combined a 3:1:1 mix of sand:cement:grano dust applied through a sheet of expanded metal lath fixed to the wall. Also the mix would contain pva, but now using SBR:RpS_thumbup:
whats grano dust bubbles??

Hi, build out in sand & cement then apply sbr before you put the KRend on that's would be the cheapest option.

hi all, im about to k rend a house that has just has an extension added to the back... problem is that the original house has over the years fell away a little to the gable side... (had strutural people out etc and its all fine i,e not goin to fall down any time soon :RpS_biggrin:) but now tht the new extension has been added to the back it bevles out from about 1/2 inch from the bottom to 3 inch at the top...what he wants to do instead of curving it he wants me to baton outoff hte extension and make a little return..
back to the topic :rolleyes) i want to know what people would recommend to use to build flush as its will be a fair old bit ?
hope this makes sense to people cuz im confusing meself just writing it :RpS_crying:
cheers

The foregoing posts demonstrate this forum at its best - a good discussion of a problem.

To confirm what you are writing. At the rear of the house looking at it, the distance from the extension to the gable wall is ½ inch at the base of the extension and 3 inch at its top. Assuming this correct. If the extension is single storey the extension will look out of plumb as if the brickie was drunk if you build out the top by 3 inch. Tell the client this. Whatever course of action you take make the client aware of the various proposals possible to meet his requirement and that the max thickness guide, if sand and cement is as Keith states. If the final solution deviates from Krend or British Standard specification get the client to confirm in writing that he has been made aware of this.
If you take on the design of a solution you are responsible for it. If it deviates from British Standard or Krend requirements and you were to end up in court you will almost certainly lose. Let the client decide and record it.

Cheers for the replys mate. Its a double extension at the rear Was supposed to be just a single , if that was the case it wouldnt have looked so out of place it i just beveled it in a little but as its full length of gable
side now it will look odd. Customer is a friend and we have spoke about what may happen worst case scenario. Hes well aware of what the problem
is and its him that suggested floating it out and putting a square return, ill plod on with c&s then sbr it before krending. Will post pics when its done see what ya think

Status
Not open for further replies.