Help needed as I am not a plasterer but interior designer and want to understand the product please

Members online

Ilze Reinke

Good morning
I am not a plasterer (I wish I could do what you guys do, but anyway), I am working on an interior pool where the client is concerned about mildew on the walls. At the moment the room is in, what looks like BC-60 brick. The client likes the bricks as he is saying that the bricks absorb the water when the kids splash the water against the bricks. He would like to update the area and I would like to suggest cladding the one wall in a cladding stone and then plaster the rest of the walls, to be painted white. I am concerned about what the chlorine and humidity will do to the plaster. I would like to know what sort of plaster I need to recommend to prevent mildew and which will be the best to use so the water doesn't run down the walls when splashed against the walls. Is there a plaster available which will help with the absorption of the water?
I hope you can help. I hope this is making sense.
Thanking you and I am looking forward to hearing your recommendation and feedback.
Have a lovely day
Ilze

Good morning
I am not a plasterer (I wish I could do what you guys do, but anyway), I am working on an interior pool where the client is concerned about mildew on the walls. At the moment the room is in, what looks like BC-60 brick. The client likes the bricks as he is saying that the bricks absorb the water when the kids splash the water against the bricks. He would like to update the area and I would like to suggest cladding the one wall in a cladding stone and then plaster the rest of the walls, to be painted white. I am concerned about what the chlorine and humidity will do to the plaster. I would like to know what sort of plaster I need to recommend to prevent mildew and which will be the best to use so the water doesn't run down the walls when splashed against the walls. Is there a plaster available which will help with the absorption of the water?
Thanking you and I am looking forward to hearing your recommendation and feedback.
Have a lovely day
Ilze
Are you paying us a % of your fee? After all your client is paying you for this information why should we pass it onto you for free?

Where are you based? Our Venetian master @RobJack could be your man. Any pictures of the room?
This project is in Amington, near Tamworth, Staffordshire
It will be amazing if I can get a quote to get this work done and I can forward this to the client.

Attachments

• IMG_1464.JPG
    IMG_1464.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 282
  • IMG_1466.JPG
    IMG_1466.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 273
Are you paying us a % of your fee? After all your client is paying you for this information why should we pass it onto you for free?
That’s what forums are for mate, finding out information for free. Experienced guys ask questions on here how to do jobs but don’t get asked to pay a percentage of there money. If we can’t help people who genuinely need it what’s the point of it?

That’s what forums are for mate, finding out information for free. Experienced guys ask questions on here how to do jobs but don’t get asked to pay a percentage of there money. If we can’t help people who genuinely need it what’s the point of it?
I thought you were all here to give my nurses a break

Not sure Tinytom will get many recommendations after that tho
Text never says the whole storey , my jokes go well astray 90% of the time , gotta go , their coming round with the meds trolley

Good morning
Have a lovely day
Ilze
what will the substrate be onnthe walls that will be plastered.

i wouldnt use gypsum based plasters.

knauf do an aqua skim coat but i think can only use this over boards.

we have carried works out before using silicone renders with a waterproof base or as mentioned a micro cement or venetian plaster maybe an option.

but again depending on the substrate etc depends on the finish...
painted walls will always look wet when splasehd though

Give these guys a ring they have waterproof finish coat tbh they are probably the only company that can help you @llze Reinke

Word of warning , it was painted before bath installed and silicones if any considers it

Give these guys a ring they have waterproof finish coat tbh they are probably the only company that can help you @llze Reinke

Thank you I will certainly give them a call.

I don't think i would want you as part of my team. You sound like you are a bit of a handful :)
Not at all, but how can you expect us to believe you would pass on the work to a plasterer and let them make 100% of the money from it? And not take a penny yourself? Come off it. We might look thick but we’re not that stupid (now Andy g has left)

Not at all, but how can you expect us to believe you would pass on the work to a plasterer and let them make 100% of the money from it? And not take a penny yourself? Come off it. We might look thick but we’re not that stupid (now Andy g has left)
Honestly, I make my money on my design fee and I would pass trade direct to the client, they deal with you direct. You must have had a bad experience before. If I make anything on it, then it will be because I project manage the project and then it is a minimal fee. The client will still pay you directly on your invoice and I will not get involved in the invoicing at all. You will just give me the quotes and I put a pack together for the client and he or she will then decide who they want to use. I do hope by explaining this will make it more visible to you.
On the flip side of this can be that you get work that you did not have to work for at all.

Hi,I'm based in Worcestershire and would be willing to quote.Microcement would be the solution.Ive sent you a PM.of my web details and I can sort out samples etc.

Good morning
Have a lovely day
Ilze
do away with chlorine and use baqaicil safer all round

Hello. Sorry for the late reply. I've been busy. As said it depends in your sub strait. For Venetian plaster or micro cement it would need a plastered finish flat and Matt. If the customer wants the wall to absorb the water I would say this isn't a good idea. The wall will change in appearance on all the areas it gets wet. Anywhere near a pool or wet area I would seal the Venetian plaster or micro cement so water hits it and rolls down the wall back to the floor and drain. There are a multi tude of finishes and colours available in these products so you can achieve the look your after to flow with the design plan of the room

Why would you want a wall that absorbes water? .long term water penertration can only lead to problems surly.