Hello !

Members online

Mike Webb

Hello, my names mike, 30 from near Wigan. Normally just read the posts without commenting but bought I'd say hello. Probably worried I'd get roasted like most newbies !
Currently a HGV driver but looking to get into plastering. Why you ask? Well hgv driving is soul destroying especially sleeping out at the side of a road somewhere. I have labourering experience years back for a plasterer and used to enjoy it. Well aware of the graft involved, I miss that after sitting on my ass getting fat up n down the m6 everyday.
Was going to fork out for a course to get a basic bit of skimming under my belt but after reading posts on here I gathered to keep the money in my pocket for now and just look for a Labourering job.
Keeping my eyes open for anyone looking for a cheap Labourer to help teach me. If not , just going to carry on enjoying the banter :)
Ps. I think this is in the right bit

Excellent there just so happens to be a vacancy for a HNV driver wannabee plasterer that I'll talk to, YOU'RE IN!

Come on @Stevieo this is right up your alley! Plastering, driving, plastering, driving......

Welcome mike! Good luck

Most truck drivers are in this boat one way and another. I know more than one who's moved into plastering.

The thing about the job is that it's skilled but really only qualified by a short course. The money is all right, but not fantastic, so it's always "not enough money or too many hours" as the saying goes in the industry.

You have a lot of guys who aren't stupid doing really mind numbing work for long periods of time at weird hours and a lot of them are fed up with it. They do have the brains and money to do courses and a lot of them do.

Doesn't surprise me at all.

Most truck drivers are in this boat one way and another. I know more than one who's moved into plastering.

The thing about the job is that it's skilled but really only qualified by a short course. The money is all right, but not fantastic, so it's always "not enough money or too many hours" as the saying goes in the industry.

You have a lot of guys who aren't stupid doing really mind numbing work for long periods of time at weird hours and a lot of them are fed up with it. They do have the brains and money to do courses and a lot of them do.

Doesn't surprise me at all.
"Mind numbing work" spot on ! Sometimes I feel like I've gone days without having a conversation
So do you think it's worth doing a course? Or just try find someone to work for free/cheap/what I'm worth?
Are you a ex driver buddy?

Welcome along bud, we had a lorry driving looking to get into plastering on here a while back
Wonder how he got on

"Mind numbing work" spot on ! Sometimes I feel like I've gone days without having a conversation
So do you think it's worth doing a course? Or just try find someone to work for free/cheap/what I'm worth?
Are you a ex driver buddy?

OOOHHHH, you mentioned 'the course'. You'll be getting it now and no mistake.

Seems people will give you what they've got but things change all the time so it's just a case of being in the right place at the right time. Usually there's a fella shouting for a hand and one shouting for a job all the time on here, but at different ends of the country.
Try ringing around locally to you. Worked for me.

I'm actually having to go back on the road, but yeah. I do class 1 work.

Seems people will give you what they've got but things change all the time so it's just a case of being in the right place at the right time. Usually there's a fella shouting for a hand and one shouting for a job all the time on here, but at different ends of the country.

Pretty sure it was 2 or 3 years ago a lorry driver came on here and made a similar post to Mike here. They miss out by not coming back on I think, you could miss a contact

Pretty sure it was 2 or 3 years ago a lorry driver came on here and made a similar post to Mike here. They miss out by not coming back on I think, you could miss a contact

I thought you meant me and were being saucy.

Hahaha I was trying to avoid mentioning after the other posts I read.
Well that's what I figured. Take anything that comes up and drive on agency in between.
Cheers for the help Stevieo

Hahaha I was trying to avoid mentioning after the other posts I read.
Well that's what I figured. Take anything that comes up and drive on agency in between.
Cheers for the help Stevieo

Anyway, cheer up.

I was watching this today. What a fcukign shambles. If you think DVSA are a bunch of sh!tbags, have a look at this.

This lad took home $16k for 10 months of tramping American style. Almost no support from the boss, everything illegal, traps all over the place. He turned up at one job and they wouldn't tip him for 4 days - he's paid by the mile!

Mind you, the lad being followed is the biggest mong/cowboy about.

Anyway, cheer up.

I was watching this today. What a fcukign shambles. If you think DVSA are a bunch of sh!tbags, have a look at this.

This lad took home $16k for 10 months of tramping American style. Almost no support from the boss, everything illegal, traps all over the place. He turned up at one job and they wouldn't tip him for 4 days - he's paid by the mile!

Mind you, the lad being followed is the biggest mong/cowboy about.

What the hell is that guy all about? That video is bonkers !! Shocking. He's annoying that guy tho