Heatwave

Limeygirl

Hi, I had my hallway walls plastered last week. Before the day had ended i’d spotted cracks all over the place. It’s pretty bad. The plasterer says it’s the heatwave and walls are drying too quickly. I agree to an extent but I also think he used a guy that wasn’t as good as he needs to be as the areas he was working on are worse than others he didn’t work on. What would you say is the best way to remedy the problem? I’ve added a couple of photos, many of the veins you can see are actually cracked.

Attachments

• 65FDA734-3EB7-497D-9AC1-38A424C8C679.jpeg
    65FDA734-3EB7-497D-9AC1-38A424C8C679.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 406
  • A619DC59-8E87-43A9-A5CB-05084A9C77D3.jpeg
    A619DC59-8E87-43A9-A5CB-05084A9C77D3.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 431
  • F095D72B-CBFE-487A-8760-19E51AC91AE1.jpeg
    F095D72B-CBFE-487A-8760-19E51AC91AE1.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 415
Heatwave or not you’re so called plasterer should know how to deal with the suction, and that comes with experience! It looks to me that he was blowing out his arse trying to keep it under control and failed miserably. All I can say is that’s another proper s**t job posted on here once again!! :endesacuerdo:

Heatwave or not you’re so called plasterer should know how to deal with the suction, and that comes with experience! It looks to me that he was blowing out his arse trying to keep it under control and failed miserably. All I can say is that’s another proper s**t job posted on here once again!! :endesacuerdo:
Thanks for that i now no what to do with my paths (craszyi paving

Hi, I had my hallway walls plastered last week. Before the day had ended i’d spotted cracks all over the place. It’s pretty bad. The plasterer says it’s the heatwave and walls are drying too quickly. I agree to an extent but I also think he used a guy that wasn’t as good as he needs to be as the areas he was working on are worse than others he didn’t work on. What would you say is the best way to remedy the problem? I’ve added a couple of photos, many of the veins you can see are actually cracked.
Yey its bad one .happend to me once he said i have put browning on wall it just want skimming like a c**t it skimmed it it look the same so i said we did you put the browning on he said about 15 years ago o ok ýooooou cuuuuuuunnnnnnt andyg( as u were )

Artex. wallpaper. walk around with eyes shut

No love just messing about if i was you me little love i would get some mesh kill the suckson and reskim

That what i call a kick in the b*ll***s

1 coaters 100%.

Seen my first coat do it slightly on re-skim in severe heat, not to that extent though. Lay it down problem solved.

plasters blown.. high suction in the heat still should of been dealt with.
needs re doing.

That’s awful, I wouldn’t pay for that. Suction control is basic knowledge. They needed several coats of pva or pre grit. We’ve all been working in the heat but no regular on here would let that happen! Hope you get it resolved

Thanks everyone. Fortunately I haven’t paid for the work yet. Do I tell the plasterer I want the whole area re-done then? Should I expect to pay for additional costs? Do I wait until it’s cooler just in case? I know these sound like stupid questions but I don’t want to be unreasonable but I also don’t want to be a mug! Thanks.

Thanks everyone. Fortunately I haven’t paid for the work yet. Do I tell the plasterer I want the whole area re-done then? Should I expect to pay for additional costs? Do I wait until it’s cooler just in case? I know these sound like stupid questions but I don’t want to be unreasonable but I also don’t want to be a mug! Thanks.
I’m really glad for you that you didn’t pay anything for that crappy job that they have done, well done!.. it needs doing again properly! How well do you know this so called plasterer?? Because cooler or not I wouldn’t risk using him again. Keep the money you have to pay a proper tradesman for a proper job and get recommendations!! Good luck!

I’m really glad for you that you didn’t pay anything for that crappy job that they have done, well done!.. it needs doing again properly! How well do you know this so called plasterer?? Because cooler or not I wouldn’t risk using him again. Keep the money you have to pay a proper tradesman for a proper job and get recommendations!! Good luck!
100% agree.

That my friends is definitely more heat/direct sun, never ceases to amaze how you numpties jump all over joe public threads slating fellow spreads.

Did he leave it looking like that or happen
That my friends is definitely more heat/direct sun, never ceases to amaze how you numpties jump all over joe public threads slating fellow spreads.

Actually I nearly posted something but couldn't be arsed to have a debate.

I had this happen recently in a small
Area on first coat. Wet it up and laid it down and all sorted.

I use the best pva and my preparation is critical. So it can be from the extreme heat.

I use the best pva and my preparation is critical. So it can be from the extreme heat.

I wasn’t there when he left so couldn’t answer this silly question.

Then reply to them and not me silly

I started writing that message earlier and left it, as mentioned.

When I just quoted and replied to you, I couldn't see it was still there as was at the top.

Is it really a massive problem or worth mentioning you miserable c**t

• Funny
Reactions: gps
I started writing that message earlier and left it, as mentioned.

When I just quoted and replied to you, I couldn't see it was still there as was at the top.

Is it really a massive problem or worth mentioning you miserable c**t

If it wasn’t worth mentioning I wouldn’t of silly

Point is that you didn’t leave it crazed and expect payment , you made sure it was right which is what this guy should’ve done

I don’t know, maybe give him the opportunity to put it right. If that was my work and circumstances/variables meant that happened to me I would be putting it right free of charge. Hold on to your money though until you’re satisfied and if you have him back to put it right you could always post pics of it re fine here if you need a second opinion

I don’t know, maybe give him the opportunity to put it right. If that was my work and circumstances/variables meant that happened to me I would be putting it right free of charge. Hold on to your money though until you’re satisfied and if you have him back to put it right you could always post pics of it re fine here if you need a second opinion
I well say this once. I me andyg never never would i pull a mans or womens work down .lwould like to give good help .thing is s**t happends in plastering no matter how good you are andyg (as u were)

1 coaters 100%.

Seen my first coat do it slightly on re-skim in severe heat, not to that extent though. Lay it down problem solved.
draft? Warm breeze causes vains, intense suction causes crazing.

I've never seen the first coat do that unless its mega warm and there is a draft, just my experience though

I well say this once. I me andyg never never would i pull a mans or womens work down .lwould like to give good help .thing is s**t happends in plastering no matter how good you are andyg (as u were)

Well said Andy g, this it how it should be, but all too often we have numpties that just love to put fellow spreads work down without knowing the circumstance.