have you tried other jobs?

Members online

sponker

Im thinking about getting out of plastering and into another game probably a mobile food business like hot dogs. Im looking for drawbacks to it as there has to be some. Theres a huge mark up on food and I can see £3 profit on every hotdog so 100 a day is £300 plus extras sucha as coke and crsips minus a licence which Ive sourced at about £600 and running costs etc.Has anyone else tried something outside of plastering or got any ideas I was thinking taxis but I dont think i would like it . It will have to be something on self emplyed setup and something that I can mix with people and chat. Ive just ordered this book even if it's american it should have some good pointers https://www.amazon.ca/Hot-Dogs-Saved-Life-Comprehensive-ebook/dp/B004NBZFG6

and theres loads of help on youtube

http://learnhotdogs.com/

Good luck mate. I don't know much about it but like anything - if it was that easy everyone and their granny would be opening hotdog stalls and earning 65k. I guess location is going to be key to success.

there is a lot of money in food. missus used to work in a chippy when she was younger. on the day the tall ships visited new brighton and you couldnt move - people abandoned their cars in the streets because it was gridlocked - the owner made £17 000.

i remember the ice cream wars in Glasgow :eek:

i used to work on the dredgers and landfill sites. good money. long hours, sometimes hard, sometimes easy. away from home for weeks or months at a time. heavy heavy drinking environment. everyone pissed six ways to sunday. skipper on the marchioness was pissed on the thames:(

My mate has a local sandwich bar, his misses does alot of the footwork but it is his business.

he pays £400 a month rent, £2500 a month wadges, and £1000 on food a month give or take.

Hes also a plasterer and said most weeks he makes more than what he does spreading. Theres not massive money but he makes more than enough to let the business run itself.

Best thing he done was delivery, local sites etc you can make £200 delivering to one site.

I hear being a bookie is a booming trade or if your looking at food a good pub with great food is always a winner ?

I used to do G-string waiter service at like strip shows,basically all I had to do was go to the tables take the drinks order and collect from the bar,they paid a nightly wage but could up the money from tips from the table,was quite good laugh as well

I worked in an office for 12 years...think I would have done myself in if I had to do many more years....despised every day more than the last.....plastering set me free:)

Wheelie bin washing...
£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££(y)..30 bob a bin
150 bins a day..4 days a week
...ker-F*****g-ching.

I have many a times! Started of as a labourer then went got my papers in welding at 18/19. Hated it working in factory with a bunch of loyalists who tortured me. Next up was labouring for plasterer's. Not to long after this, I went on the tools. Got pissed if with that then started labouring as a blocky then on tools in that game. Winter time came around then indoors helping a tiler then in no time doing it myself. Next up was a bit of plumbing thou hate plumbing. Met a stone mason then into that for few years and fast forward a few years, I know earn my crust at them all :frio:.

Thinking of doing this until mid 40s and pack it in to try earn few squid on computers. Don't know how, when or wear but the thought of wearing clean clothes everyday day in day out actually gives me a semi.

Wheelie bin washing...
...ker-F*****g-ching.

I remember me and a friend of mine sitting up the hills above our housing estate back in 94 smoking weed when the wheelie bins came out. Sitting there saying to each other what could we do once we left school in few months. Roughly counted the houses(2k) and said if we cleaned half the bins a week, wed be well off. Kept going on about it for few weeks. Not one of us could drive but a year later, this fella started it, hadn't a bean to his name and fast forward a decade him, his wife brand new cars every year and big house andv4 rented out. Biggest regret I've had in my life not doing it!

I think there's money in carpet fitting was skimming ceiling for a oner the other day carpet dude turns up to do floor asked him how much that one room was £390 thought floor same size as my ceiling .. Another job is blinds,them guys are getting £100 odd just for a few wall plugs and screws

I think there's money in carpet fitting was skimming ceiling for a oner the other day carpet dude turns up to do floor asked him how much that one room was £390 thought floor same size as my ceiling .. Another job is blinds,them guys are getting £100 odd just for a few wall plugs and screws
390 to fit one carpet? customer has got ripped there, I got livingroom h/s/l and bedroom fitted for about 150.

Laboured for most building trades. Worked in a factory for a year during the recession in 91 putting plastic car parts in boxes. Nearly went nuts. Plastering I'm making ends meet only working 1 or 2 days a week. Got no regrets.

150 bins a day means 1 bin every 3 minutes over an 8 hrs day. Not gonna happen. :)
It does pug.
The boy that does mine..there is two of them tbf,I've seen them flying thru them when I've been working locally.. And most people give him 2 quid rather than 30 bob:rayos:

That's why I...,refuse. to do it!..
Get it..lol...wheelie bin..refuse..???

:X3::X3:....I'll close the door on my way out..Sorry.

Maybe you could sell drugs, booze and scratch cards. There's loads of addicts about apparently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does pug.
The boy that does mine..there is two of them tbf,I've seen them flying thru them when I've been working locally.. And most people give him 2 quid rather than 30 bob:rayos:
you get ya bin cleaned.................you flash c**t. never understand why people pay 3 quid to get a quick squirt

I have many a times! Started of as a labourer then went got my papers in welding at 18/19. Hated it working in factory with a bunch of loyalists who tortured me. Next up was labouring for plasterer's. Not to long after this, I went on the tools. Got pissed if with that then started labouring as a blocky then on tools in that game. Winter time came around then indoors helping a tiler then in no time doing it myself. Next up was a bit of plumbing thou hate plumbing. Met a stone mason then into that for few years and fast forward a few years, I know earn my crust at them all :frio:.

Thinking of doing this until mid 40s and pack it in to try earn few squid on computers. Don't know how, when or wear but the thought of wearing clean clothes everyday day in day out actually gives me a semi.

Wish I learnt how to weld its one of those things I really want to learn as a hobby

390 to fit one carpet? customer has got ripped there, I got livingroom h/s/l and bedroom fitted for about 150.[/QUOTE/]

couldn't do that all day.
ive just carpeted the kids treehouse that bloody grippers sharp as fcuk the underlay was drenched in blood :(.
20160918_171944.jpg

Attachments

• 20160918_172127.jpg
    20160918_172127.jpg
    584.1 KB · Views: 192
Wheelie bin washing...
...ker-F*****g-ching.
I pay some f**k*r to do mine £2.50 every 2 week he charges..im just giving bk to society