Has plastering now become split into different formats

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
but the bottom line is... split the jobs up, division of labour... dabbing is a f'ck site easier than rendering, therefore cheaper labour costs...
then all you need is a skimmer yes?
peice of p'ss.....
the u value thing is way beyond what d+d can achieve, d+d is just a cheaper option henry...
not only does it save on labour costs, theres less remedial to worry about e.g. cracking, sh't work etc, and the drying time is minimised...
construction economics mate..

moved abroad,came back,moved abroad then came back again and promised if it ever went belly up here again I would be gone and gone for good! Im still ere! lol!!:RpS_cursing:

least you got the broad mind.... big world innit.. :RpS_laugh:

anyone sick of not getting enough work, try branching out, have a go at some plumbing joinery roofing whatever, nothing in the building trade is rocket science, its like taking your bike test once youve got a car licence... easier...
point is, once youve learnt the basics of the building trade i.e. 'shut the f'ck up whinging and just get the f'ckin job done, make sure theres no comebacks' then all the rest drops into place...
plumbing basics - sh't runs downhill, air will compress wheras fluid wont....
joinery basics - work to a stanley knife on second fix, not a pencil line... 1st fix - cut big and smash it in, it is what it is... long as it fits...
roofing - guage a roof, get someone who can lift a ton but cant spell it... job done...

first time for me was in the good old usain 1985 when as a stupid 22 year old me and my mate also a spread fcuk off to miami to have a butchers,we had a 2 week return ticketand neither of us came home .i ended up staying there for 16 years before heading to australia my mate is still there coked up as we speak

same....1985 f**k*d off to canada with 6 week return ticket ...took me a year to save for the "holiday" on uk wages .......screwed around for 3 weeks then went to work for 3 weeks in canada ...made more in 2 weeks here then I would in 6 weeks in the uk so said **** it went to the pub on my return flight day got absolutely s**t faced ....and never looked back to england (BUT MISS IT)

26 years later happily married 2 kids going through major sports ,own a house and looking at building a new one ....after a few years here UK wages caught up with here and then surpassed ...but looks like have now recinded ...we think here we get taxed to death ...but in comparison people here do not realize just how tough of a place the UK is very expensive to live there

back to the op question ...yep the trade has been split into multiple sections ......very very few fully qualified plasterers nowadays ...give it ten more years and the trade as we in the 45-55 year range new it ....it will be all but gone ...I advise those in the 30 to 45 year old range to try and learn the old ways ....you will be in high demand ,learn how to screed/float/set learn about lime and lime plastering

authenticlime so what is the rate of pay a day were you are .

Spunk what do you gain from one coating.

Time Henry an hour at least. If your good at it no difference to the quality of finish.

authenticlime so what is the rate of pay a day were you are .

Spunk what do you gain from one coating.

in 1985/6 when I got here $25.00 per hour for a good plaster

in 2011 $25.00 per hour for a good plasterer....it hasnt really changed .....it peaked at one point about 2 years ago and I was hearing of guys making $30 per hour,I own the business and my best spread makes $30....and not because he is good....but because he is reliableand good ,because right now I could get away with less .....

when I left the UK I was making 2.50 /hour (pounds)

as a contractor I can get anywhere from $13.00 per foot up to as much as $38 per foot,for an exterior rainscreen with marmorino finish on a 3 story wood frame residence

interior 9 upto as much as $18 and I am regarded as expensive in my area,I carved a specific niche with exterior venetian/lime plastering

Status
Not open for further replies.