has anyone used dri- coat

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every job dictates a differant remedy or application, but dri coat , limelite, renderlite etc all have their place in the modern day scenario, in short it's nice gear ish

If its like renovating plaster, then i like it, feels just like browning and its a better insulator than s&c

i like useing the renovation plasters i think they build up nice and float up nice

good stuff ,it does not repel the set like sand and cement. float one day skim the next

contains a lot of silican so according to BG you dont have to worry about suction when you come to skim an dcan get away with board finish

It contains chromium 5 which is carcinogenic. So get a mask on.

It's alright to use I suppose, it aint that sticky but it seems to go on a bit better than S &C. It rules alright.

like someone else said, skim it the next day, it takes for ever to go off.

Also one of the benefits of it is the reduced risk of cracking not saying it wont ever crack but in my experience it don't as much as s,n,c.

a bag goes nowhere too:RpS_thumbdn:
i like it and id use it in stead of anything else, well i would if it wasnt £16+ a bag

I like it the few times I've used it, on renovations.
Seems to rule nicer than S+C, and like someone has said fully dry before skimming. I liken it to fluffy browning.:razz:

I also didn't realise it was that kind of money. ( goes to check prices )

Rock on !

I've never had too, but it was skimmed 24 hours after; the waterproofing agents within it help I feel, but that's my opinion.

Rock on !

Also one of the benefits of it is the reduced risk of cracking not saying it wont ever crack but in my experience it don't as much as s,n,c.

yeah it doesn't crack like S & C. If you skim green S & C you get cracks and the skim de-bonds cos of the shrinkage.

i didnt get a price off travis because their nearest stockist was in Leeds 20miles away but hours round trip

Went into BnQ a while back and picked up 10 bags of dry-coat for 50p a bag as they were 6 months out of date didn't make any difference to the product as it is cement based.

Status
Not open for further replies.