hardwall plaster on bonding plaster.

Bluebirds1

Just about to plaster a room which has been stripped down to brick except for two walls. It's quite an old house-1940's-so the brickwork is really uneven. The two walls have had a thin coat of bonding plaster, presumably to fill in the recesses in the brickwork, but still needs leveling off. My question is, can I plaster over the bonding plaster with hardwall plaster, or should use more bonding plaster?

Just about to plaster a room which has been stripped down to brick except for two walls. It's quite an old house-1940's-so the brickwork is really uneven. The two walls have had a thin coat of bonding plaster, presumably to fill in the recesses in the brickwork, but still needs leveling off. My question is, can I plaster over the bonding plaster with hardwall plaster, or should use more bonding plaster?
@John j Bonding extraordinaire looks like another clueless cowboy job, one for you pal

The Fuck GIF by memecandy

Hi Bluebirds1, I had done free work for plasterers in order for me to take it up because I really enjoy it, I’m not good as the majority on here and still learning but damn well good at what I can do, and you come on here asking for our knowledge so you can do it your self, it’s the knowledge and now how what makes the job a really good lasting job, the knowledge is priceless, just get the pros in and get a proper job done, DIYers

Hi Bluebirds1, I had done free work for plasterers in order for me to take it up because I really enjoy it, I’m not good as the majority on here and still learning but damn well good at what I can do, and you come on here asking for our knowledge so you can do it your self, it’s the knowledge and now how what makes the job a really good lasting job, the knowledge is priceless, just get the pros in and get a proper job done, DIYers
It's true to say I'm not a plasterer, but I'm in the building trade and have skimmed plenty of walls. I've come up against this problem and would like to know the best approach to deal with it. Plaster is like rocking horse s#@t at the moment but I do have bags of hardwall to plaster the other walls. I would like to know if I can use it to finish the other two walls.

This is another wind up / silly question
You should be asking what floppy trowel to use

Hi,
Bonding coat is in my opinion the best as it has a fantastic insulating quality. if you can apply it well using a trowel then great and use a feather edge to flat and level it off. If you struggle with getting it evenly onto the wall and then flatting it you might want to consider battening it off in 1 metre bays and ruling them off with a straight edge as you go. when dry remove the battens and fill in the gaps left. That will give you a good flat and straight base for applying your finish. Obviously you have to make sure your battens are plum and flat with each other for this to work!