Hardwall on damp membrane

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

oasis

i got the chance to hardwall on the mesh eggshell type damp stuff this weekend.

nightmare!

maybe because i have small experience in backing out but i found afterlaying on it all hangs out in places basically bubbled out in large areas.

some1 now tole me to apply a light scratch off hardwall on before laying on.

anyone else used this stuff?

all so when laying on revel in hardwall do you allways lay them on in one hit and just use your towel to get the finish, or do you use a straight edge on them?

4487600114_c0cb8ca5ff_b.jpg

4486948991_cea06d16df_b.jpg

if u read a bag of hardwall it says doesnt stick to plastic. plus its for high suction. bonding is for low suction ie plastic concrete etc

yep. i hate the stuff. first there is no suction, so has a tendency to slump if atall thick, and also the stuff always seems to have movement in it coz no1 seems to put enough fixings in. so it may have been bouncing underneath slightly??

the scratch is to firm it up first.

okz yea there were some movement areas, and when i layed half a hawk for on it sagged.. had to scrape back when dry! i have half the room left to do Monday i think i will lay on thin let it go abit then top up.

yep would have to agree bonding is the plaster you need to use also who done the spec and sticking that membrane on the wall and not hacking off the existing is gonna acheive what? how are you gonna blend the top in with hardwall? and not goin behind the sockets is defeating the object of what you think its gonna do.:)

ive done the same spec with hardwall sometimes you get away with one coat but you only find out when youre ruling

was taken back, all sockets have had silicone put around them. wall will be over skimed after.

he said his systems have Never failed. cost just over £600 to plug and screw 2 walls with this stuff.

easy hey

4487005183_1b385c42c1_b.jpg

you can hardwall or dab on to this product..

it has been done before with injection and limelite and failed 2 years later

if it is meshed then it has mechanical key ... so no problem with the hardwall. but as said i dont like the way the product is only half way up the wall, when you blend in and skim it will crack i should have thought.

oasis said:
all so when laying on revel in hardwall do you allways lay them on in one hit and just use your towel to get the finish, or do you use a straight edge on them?

4487600114_c0cb8ca5ff_b.jpg

4486948991_cea06d16df_b.jpg

when laying hardwall reveals lay them up in one hit and use your trowel to rule off and get it nice and square. lay it up..... hold your trowel on the sill with the toe touching the window frame and slowly lift the trowel, this will take off any excess gear and rule your reveals square to the window

oasis said:
you can hardwall or dab on to this product..

it has been done before with injection and limelite and failed 2 years later

Take it back it has been hacked off would be interesting to see the other side of them walls if its failed in the past this method will fail, also the problem hasnt been diagnosed just covering it up will not solve the problem.

its an ally way other side

well this guy is a bacement damp expert and has never had a fail so we will see hey!

flynny youre guessing arent you ;D.........fair play youre trying to scare the life out of him and you dont even know what youre talking about yourself

so you know its going to fail before you find out whats wrong with it ???........well done einstein ;D........i'd knock the house down and rebuild it just to be on the f**k**g safe side ::)

spunky said:
so you know its going to fail before you find out whats wrong with it ???........well done einstein ;D........i'd knock the house down and rebuild it just to be on the (french word)ing safe side ::)

the system they are gonna use will fail coz they havent diagnosed the problem just covering it up and knocking the house down and rebuilding will fix it more than wrapping the inside with plastic and hoping and praying
:)

are you taking the piss ;D.....you sound like a rental tennant......ooooooooh ive got mould on my walls

mmmmmm open youre windows mmmmmmmmmm......that condensations going to sit on youre walls 1 metre from the ground mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.