Happy F*****g Mondays

Members online

No members online now.
I don't see the point, because you would be more than happy if we all lived in council housing. So we would own even less lol. Keep digging
You've got to agree there does need to be some way to redistribute wealth as it can't go an as it is. The wealthy are getting richer and richer and getting even more power while people at the bottom barely stand a chance. I'm not talking about throwing benifits at them I'm talking about decent paying jobs without these zero hour contracts where people don't have to work 6/7 days a weeks and still barely afford a decent standard of living.

You've got to agree there does need to be some way to redistribute wealth as it can't go an as it is. The wealthy are getting richer and richer and getting even more power while people at the bottom barely stand a chance. I'm not talking about throwing benifits at them I'm talking about decent paying jobs without these zero hour contracts where people don't have to work 6/7 days a weeks and still barely afford a decent standard of living.

You men it can't go on as it has since time began ?

Stuart continually flooding the labour market can only mean this keeps wages low.

You men it can't go on as it has since time began ?

Stuart continually flooding the labour market can only mean this keeps wages low.
Your telling me the gap between rich and poor has always been this big?

Your telling me the gap between rich and poor has always been this big?

We didn't have the flooding of labour markets did we ? Please define poor because if your talking about the layabouts who live off the state then it's tough tits, they get too much in my opinion which takes away from the real needy.

Its not like wages are capped... low wages and recessions inspire some people to work different and change the direction of their lives....

I am a strong believer in you reap what you sow...

We didn't have the flooding of labour markets did we ? Please define poor because if your talking about the layabouts who live off the state then it's tough tits, they get too much in my opinion which takes away from the real needy.
I'm talking folk that work 6/7 days a week just to keep there head above the water

Here's the most insightful thing that you'll have heard today.

Politicians exist primarily to keep themselves in jobs and their parties in power.

If within the scope of that mandate, they can do any good, then they will.

Politicians don't exist to make you rich. That's your job. They care about the economy, not your wage packet.

The UK doesn't need higher wages. It needs cheaper houses. Council houses don't cost anything. In fact, they make a profit.

Trouble is, there's no such thing as free money and some shmuck has to foot the bill. In the case of providing plentiful accommodation this means that house prices would go down.

And 7/10 houses are owner occupied.

And those people might be angry with PMTM if she devalued their homes and not vote for her again.

So she won't.

Simple.

Reactions: gps
I'm talking folk that work 6/7 days a week just to keep there head above the water

yeah true but that is/can be a life choice...

J = Just
O = Over
B = Broke

I dont deny that low paid jobs are very low paid and can be tough but I know a lot of people on low paid jobs and complain they are skint however you look at their lifestyles and they drink, smoke have Sky TV etc etc etc

Also a lot of people simply dont understand how to do a simple food shop and know how to budget... How many poor families simply go to iceland and pour tonnes of s**t frozen food into a basket and call that a food shop??

If they planned what they were going to eat for the week they could eat healthily and very cheaply...

I have helped a tonne of people overcome debt and showed them ways to budget manage their finances when times are tough

I would put myself in that bracket, I work more Saturdays than not and probably do Atleast 10 Sundays a year. But I harbour no jealousy or cry foul, I had no interest in learning at school so accept I may have to work harder than otherwise needed had I put the effort in at school.

Here's the most insightful thing that you'll have heard today.

Politicians exist primarily to keep themselves in jobs and their parties in power.

If within the scope of that mandate, they can do any good, then they will.

Politicians don't exist to make you rich. That's your job. They care about the economy, not your wage packet.

The UK doesn't need higher wages. It needs cheaper houses. Council houses don't cost anything. In fact, they make a profit.

Trouble is, there's no such thing as free money and some shmuck has to foot the bill. In the case of providing plentiful accommodation this means that house prices would go down.

And 7/10 houses are owner occupied.

And those people might be angry with PMTM if she devalued their homes and not vote for her again.

So she won't.

Simple.

The only thing I'd dispute here is council houses don't cost anything ? Do they build themselves with materials that fall off trees or something?

I would put myself in that bracket, I work more Saturdays than not and probably do Atleast 10 Sundays a year. But I harbour no jealousy or cry foul, I had no interest in learning at school so accept I may have to work harder than otherwise needed had I put the effort in at school.

The fact you are on a plastering forum after work hours shows you care a little more than most about your profession...

The only thing I'd dispute here is council houses don't cost anything ? Do they build themselves with materials that fall off trees or something?

Nope. Investment isn't a cost it's an investment. If it wasn't then there'd be no professional landlords.

The fact is owning your house is also a privilege and not a right... nothing wrong with renting and yes it could be looked at a waste of money but so could a mortgage be? especially if you have no family to leave it with or end up in a nursing home...

Personally I work 80 hours plus a week so I dont have to work 40 :D

Nope. Investment isn't a cost it's an investment. If it wasn't then there'd be no professional landlords.

But there is a huge initial cost which would never turn a profit in the first 30 odd years. So a very poor investment hence I guess why they do not get built

But there is a huge initial cost which would never turn a profit in the first 30 odd years. So a very poor investment hence I guess why they do not get built

Nah... I figured out that (excluding plot) a terrace would pay for itself in about 5 years.

My figuring out is short on account of administration costs but long on account of cutting out private landlords consuming housing benefits so I've called it quits.

There's a real wakeup call coming to this world many few are accepting it
A lot choose to ignore it .. it will balance when s**t hits the fan.

As for balancing the economy that's laughable GPS wake up.. your education is propagandist bullshit and so is finance..
If you had any idea how the banking system is run debt was created to never be paid back there is no 0 in banking and there was never real funds created in interest hence why the world is is in so much debt. They can't keep printing money there system is failing.

Two for sale signs per house is a big sign of depression that's already started the Chinese used to buy a lot of big property in London which they ain't do i g which in effect takes a toll on the rest of the country and shows it's in s**t streak.

As for balancing the economy that's laughable GPS wake up.. your education is propagandist bullshit and so is finance..
If you had any idea how the banking system is run debt was created to never be paid back there is no 0 in banking and there was never real funds created in interest hence why the world is is in so much debt. They can't keep printing money there system is failing.

Two for sale signs per house is a big sign of depression that's already started the Chinese used to buy a lot of big property in London which they ain't do i g which in effect takes a toll on the rest of the country and shows it's in s**t streak.

Yes the housing market will collapse at some point... but looking back over history property is a steady grower

a lot of houses down our way are not even getting to market before being snapped up... The trouble with consumer debt is people dont understand how it works

I'll say it again you just have to look at what happened to the Roman Empire, 500 years of ruling came crumbling down when the gap between the rich and the poor got so big it caused social unrest. There must be some way of filtering the billions that these big companies make back down the workforce so the folk working at the bottom can have a better quality of life.

I agree that people who work should have a decent standard of living,but those that are too lazy to work should get fcuk all.

yeah true but that is/can be a life choice...

J = Just
O = Over
B = Broke

I dont deny that low paid jobs are very low paid and can be tough but I know a lot of people on low paid jobs and complain they are skint however you look at their lifestyles and they drink, smoke have Sky TV etc etc etc

Also a lot of people simply dont understand how to do a simple food shop and know how to budget... How many poor families simply go to iceland and pour tonnes of s**t frozen food into a basket and call that a food shop??

If they planned what they were going to eat for the week they could eat healthily and very cheaply...

I have helped a tonne of people overcome debt and showed them ways to budget manage their finances when times are tough

Could do with u having a word with my missus, she can spend it quicker than I get it ffs :lol::tonto:

I'll say it again you just have to look at what happened to the Roman Empire, 500 years of ruling came crumbling down when the gap between the rich and the poor got so big it caused social unrest. There must be some way of filtering the billions that these big companies make back down the workforce so the folk working at the bottom can have a better quality of life.

There have been lots of studies proving that spreading wealth does not work...

If someone capped my earnings I simply would not bother.. whats the point? Nothing to gain... So stopping people making money will stunt the growth of the economy... countries need entrepreneurs to grow the economy and create jobs... if everybody was equal then the economy would stagnate.

I also think if you put an entrepreneur on a desert island with with other people with the same education (level playing field) the entrepreneur would be making more money than the others :D

a lot of houses down our way are not even getting to market before being snapped up... The trouble with consumer debt is people dont understand how it works
I'm talking the big property houses there's one near me worth 750,000 been on the market for over two years there's quite a few from the 4-500,000 Mark sitting there with two signs.

I'm talking the big property houses there's one near me worth 750,000 been on the market for over two years there's quite a few from the 4-500,000 Mark sitting there with two signs.

Same as down here... in fact people are buying £300K houses and knocking them down to build bigger houses... in my opinion if a house is on the market for more than 12 weeks then it is priced wrong....

House prices down here are mental... My place has doubled in value in the 3 years I have owned it... I am just about to finalised another purchase of some land and buildings and managed to do the deal outside of estate agents and without it going on the open market...

There have been lots of studies proving that spreading wealth does not work...

If someone capped my earnings I simply would not bother.. whats the point? Nothing to gain... So stopping people making money will stunt the growth of the economy... countries need entrepreneurs to grow the economy and create jobs... if everybody was equal then the economy would stagnate.

I also think if you put an entrepreneur on a desert island with with other people with the same education (level playing field) the entrepreneur would be making more money than the others :D
Yeah your right, let's keep the wages as low as possible so they fight for scraps while we do all we can to make sure they stay there. What right do they have to a decent living

Nobody forces anyone to fail all their exams, fail to get a trade, fail to start their own business and end up stacking shelves at Tescos you know.

You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Adrian Rogers