Hall & stairs

leaks don’t happen if you know what your doing ..air lock from removing and replacing a rad, unlikely.
no special tools required for pressurising or topping up, basic filling loop or gate valve normally.
technically yes they could apportion blame for heating issues....... or marks on the carpet , or damage to woodwork or oil on the drive or the pregnant daughter or water went in the electrics and now it trips all the time. or a fiver went missing .all equally bizzare and unlikely .
Ok you know best

leaks don’t happen if you know what your doing ..air lock from removing and replacing a rad, unlikely.
no special tools required for pressurising or topping up, basic filling loop or gate valve normally.
technically yes they could apportion blame for heating issues....... or marks on the carpet , or damage to woodwork or oil on the drive or the pregnant daughter or water went in the electrics and now it trips all the time. or a fiver went missing .all equally bizzare and unlikely .
Have you tried the Plumbers forum?

[/QUOTE]
Leaks dont happen if you know what your doing.

Most stupid quote this year.wtf

its a mugs game. i only still do it so i don’t have to have monkeys like you lot in who want to come and make excuses for why you made a mess behind my rads or around my light switches and sockets.
anyone who spends so much time worrying about callbacks and negative customers must be ruff as a badgers arse.

Last edited:

[/QUOTE]
Thought that myself..any plumber will admit to the odd leak...and if leaks don't happen how come plumbers get called to fix leaks. I wonder where they come from ...

you think leaks just happen . the leak fairy turns up when you’ve left and T***s it all up.
really? get a grip.
[/QUOTE]
Fittings fail over time and just cos there's no weapage when you leave dosent mean it won't develop....
Not saying you don't get leaks but its niave to say they don't happen..

you think leaks just happen . the leak fairy turns up when you’ve left and T***s it all up.
really? get a grip.
Fittings fail over time and just cos there's no weapage when you leave dosent mean it won't develop....
Not saying you don't get leaks but its niave to say they don't happen..
[/QUOTE]
totally agree leaks do happen, just not to me...fittings that fail over time - usually push fit - doesn’t apply to me - i don’t use them - copper soldered fittings are good for at least 25 years by which time i’ll be dead from silicosis. when you pressurise a sealed system to 1.5 bar 99.9% of the time it’ll leak instantly . the other 0.1% only applies to other people anyway so winner winner.

you:
hi mrs jones it’s only me A1 spaz plastering. don’t get up mrs jones put your feet up while i crack on and me and wez will smash this out in no time mrs jones. only thing see, i couldnt get that plumber or electrician and when i was in college they said its nicer if you plaster round them anyway see mrs jones.
just sign this to say that you’ll be happy for me to crack on and smash it.
oh ye mrs jones , it will cost a bit more cos i got to bring me plaster right out now to the front of the light switch mrs jones to make it look nice mrs jones.
yes please mrs jones 2 sugars and 3 for wez.

me:
morning mrs jones, i’ll just whip these rads and switches and sockets off quickly , it’s going to take me about 2 1/2 days altogether.
then i’ll nip in saturday morning to refit the radiators . yes please mrs jones 1/2 a sugar .i’ll just stick this plastic protector to the floor so you don’t go a7seways and break your hip if you need a p!ss.:p

Last edited:
you:
hi mrs jones it’s only me A1 spaz plastering. don’t get up mrs jones put your feet up while i crack on and me and wez will smash this out in no time mrs jones. only thing see, i couldnt get that plumber or electrician and when i was in college they said its nicer if you plaster round them anyway see mrs jones.
just sign this to say that you’ll be happy for me to crack on and smash it.
oh ye mrs jones , it will cost a bit more cos i got to bring me plaster right out now to the front of the light switch mrs jones to make it look nice mrs jones.
yes please mrs jones 2 sugars and 3 for wez.

me:
morning mrs jones, i’ll just whip these rads and switches and sockets off quickly , it’s going to take me about 2 1/2 days altogether.
then i’ll nip in saturday morning to refit the radiators . yes please mrs jones 1/2 a sugar .i’ll just stick this plastic protector to the floor so you don’t go a7seways and break your hip if you need a p!ss.:p
Plaster around switches? This is about rads you spaz

I think we can finish this thread with
If you don't want or know how to remove then leave em
If you can and know what your doing then do so

As you where lol
I'm just struggling to understand why anybody would be bothered tbh,either pay £40 to remove or don't,if you don't they clearly not arsed themselves,if its a painted wall its really not that had to blend it to a point behind a rad where you can't tell.who cares..not sure why socket faces got brought into it as thats nothing to do with rads

I'm just struggling to understand why anybody would be bothered tbh,either pay £40 to remove or don't,if you don't they clearly not arsed themselves,if its a painted wall its really not that had to blend it to a point behind a rad where you can't tell.who cares..not sure why socket faces got brought into it as thats nothing to do with rads
I do tell customers that it would better to remove them some do some don't. Those that don't get told that you'll get round it as best you can. The idea you can't get an acceptable finish behind a radiator is nonsense,what are midget trowels, margin trowels and pipe trowels for.

Last edited:
I do tell customers that it would better to remove them some do some don't. Those that don't get told that you'll get round it as best you can. The idea you can't get an acceptable finish behind a radiator is nonsense,what are midget trowels, margin trowels and pipe trowels for.
bodgers:p

who cares? see , therin lies the problem .
sockets switches rads same principle.
the I can’t be bothered club.

Gasafe guy I work with had a claim on him last year, alleged leaking joint thro' floor needing a brand new fitted cupboard downstairs, carpet etc etc. Never got to see it himself, insurance paid out and put his premium up a thousand a year afterwards.
Air lock after draining a rad is a probability, pressurise the system yourself afterwards and if anything pops off or leaks, even if knackered and old, anywhere else in the house, you will be held liable.
I'm very capable of doing the job, I'm even good at bending piope and solderering, but when decorating my own housing association home - called in a friendly plumber & paid him.