hack off existing

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
all you can do mate is work out how long you think it will take, add in any extras such as removel , tools . and then work it back by the M2 .

thats the thing you never know until you begin. its an old dash job that looks sh1t now 70m2 remove and replace but hopefully there will be a good number to do.

make sur you price in the hire of a really good kango if you aint got one...
a good one will remove just about anything from anything...
a bad one will take you forever...
good trick is to cut out underneath then get on top of it taking smallish chunks working down towards whats been removed...
dont try and take big chunks....
same with breaking concrete innit...
get underneath it if its loose and work downwards but working upwards will have it tumbling onto you...
if its hard, remove something underneath and work upwards, but with the breaker pointing downwards...
that does actually make sense if you read it again...
;D

plasterjfe said:
nick0412 said:
£10 p/m including skipping it
Is that an actual tried and tested rate? it would be 700 quid or does that include your skip

no. just thought £700, £150ish skip, plus kango hire, say £50, leaves u £500. 2-3 days......

seventy metres aint a lot mate , it's only a mini skip and at the absolute max 2 day's one person , in my opinion , been hacking off old render/dash for nearly thirty years on domestics and the longest it's taken me on a det house is three day's (150m2) but like chris said you do need a decent chipper

Get a hilti te 76 or as close as you can there the dogs. Me and one of the blokes I work with did 65m and loaded the skip in a day once.

i find an easy way with render is get a angle grinder/disc cutter, and cut into squares, then kango. comes of easy as

nick0412 said:
i find an easy way with render is get a angle grinder/disc cutter, and cut into squares, then kango. comes of easy as

Never heard of that one before ???

no? done it a few times. score it into grids. then ur only taking off 6inches square at a time. only worth it if its hard to get off

nick0412 said:
no? done it a few times. score it into grids. then ur only taking off 6inches square at a time. only worth it if its hard to get off

thats what i do as well. comes off in nice contolled bits

richardbrown said:
nick0412 said:

thats what i do as well. comes off in nice contolled bits
hence the 'get some off the bottom then take it from the top down in small chunks'...
saves you f'cking around with a grinder....
its not like its wallpaper where you have to score it up so the water from the steamer gets behind it...

whats the point of scoring it up so it comes off in 'nice little bits' when as long as you keep the point of the kango under 6" from bare brick and aim it towards the bare patch its gonna come off in 6" or less chunks anyway?
scoring it up with a grinder is just gonna cover you and the surrounding area in dust and cost you time?

try getting hard render off by starting in the middle of the wall...
when youve had enough try hacking the bottom 6" off first then working upwards 6" at a time...

now i could understand a load of vertical cuts 6" apart, but why do the whole lattice thing?

i just find it comes off easier ...... when its cut the vibrations off the kango seem to rattle it off quicker because that section has no strength from the surrounding render.

does that make sence ?

richardbrown said:
i just find it comes off easier ...... when its cut the vibrations off the kango seem to rattle it off quicker because that section has no strength from the surrounding render.

does that make sence ?
yeh course but how much easier compared to having little bits off the bottom?...
i just dont like dust ;D

incidentally, i was stripping some wallpaper the other week, steamed it off...

i'd scored the wall up with a knife diamond pattern....

wished i hadnt, cos the f'ckin stuff just came off in little poxy diamonds that stuck to the scraper when i could have been having sheets of the stuff ;D

just been to look at a job today hack off an replace 45mtrs smooth render and gone in at £1150 with the guy supplying the skip

kebab king said:
Sounds like a good job for Connor to start on.

Good idea Napper can do the chopping off and ConnorLab can follow behind rendering.........as long as someone will just take the time to show him how.

Status
Not open for further replies.