Grrrrrrr

Members online

Donzo

First one this year,,,,artex de laminating of plasterboard.why does this happen,,,is it dusty boards before artex is put on.

,seen a bubble then s**t.
20170612_101012.jpg

F@ck me you've sheeted that room up well! Can I send you my labourer for a few days teach that useless tw@t

The ceiling and walls should be sealed with an Artex sealer before applying any mix to avoid your situation.

I think this could be contract artex. It came in brown bags back in 1988 ish. There were guys artexing for £1 per metre at the time and the product was aimed for them. It was about the time asbestos was taken out and alternative binders were used and never worked to well. This contract texture was really naff and it was common practice to use what was left at the end of the day, In the next days mix. This could be done as it never really set and was workable for 24+ hours. Even when dry it was soft and could be rubbed off with your hand. Guess over time it's lost even more of its binding and gone to mush. That's my best guess.

Garden sprayer. Wet it and get it off. Bang some artex sealer on and skim it i guess. Really good Pva will do it to or that blue grit tack. I use artex sealer thinned 20% prior to skim myself. Have fun. Treads everywhere don't it

I think this could be contract artex. It came in brown bags back in 1988 ish. There were guys artexing for £1 per metre at the time and the product was aimed for them. It was about the time asbestos was taken out and alternative binders were used and never worked to well. This contract texture was really naff and it was common practice to use what was left at the end of the day, In the next days mix. This could be done as it never really set and was workable for 24+ hours. Even when dry it was soft and could be rubbed off with your hand. Guess over time it's lost even more of its binding and gone to mush. That's my best guess.
House was built 1990.
Sounds spot on.

I have a few housing estates round my place which the artex is very soft. I prefer them like this as I can use my drywall sander to sand down and then the usual pva and skim away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a few housing estates round my place which the artex is very soft. I prefer them like this as I can use my drywall sander to sand down and then the usual pva and skim away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That must make some mess mate

House was built 1990.
Sounds spot on.
I remember seubg
House was built 1990.
Sounds spot on.
A least you know there is no asbestos in it. Artex with asbestos looks like it got sugar in it. Sugary to look at, if you know what I mean. It's also harder than the texture that followed, Asbestos in artex was manufactured
before 1988 give or take a year. Just a real mess to deal with. Horrible job. Glad for the most part I'm out of the game. Just patching and the odd ceiling is all I do these days.