Grey THIStle bonding

Members online

Lady plasterer

Hey everyone, first time here for me. I’ve been plastering around a year now and loving the art of plastering.. getting great results now mostly however, I recently ordered THIStle bonding which turned up and was grey.. not the usual plaster pink, checked the label etc yep all correct and it was lovely and smooth, easy going on. But, after the usual pva which I always make about 40% to be sure..applying the MF was an absolute nightmare..drying as it went on, bubbling tearing etc.. just finished trying again with more pva on and it’s the same, I’m stumped and starting to wonder what the hell this stuff is? Has it been bagged wrong? I’m p’d off now because this job is the last in a long Reno and don’t want it to be a bad experience now that I’m pretty confident with plastering and of course it needs to be perfect! Can anyone enlighten me please?

Hi, Grey & Pink bonding are essentially the same product but from different quarries. The bubbling & tearing you've mentioned could be down to timing. If you go onto bonding too soon it will bubble for sure.

Hey everyone, first time here for me. I’ve been plastering around a year now and loving the art of plastering.. getting great results now mostly however, I recently ordered THIStle bonding which turned up and was grey.. not the usual plaster pink, checked the label etc yep all correct and it was lovely and smooth, easy going on. But, after the usual pva which I always make about 40% to be sure..applying the MF was an absolute nightmare..drying as it went on, bubbling tearing etc.. just finished trying again with more pva on and it’s the same, I’m stumped and starting to wonder what the hell this stuff is? Has it been bagged wrong? I’m p’d off now because this job is the last in a long Reno and don’t want it to be a bad experience now that I’m pretty confident with plastering and of course it needs to be perfect! Can anyone enlighten me please?

Put on a few piss thin coats of pva first.

tenor (7).gif