grey and pink bonding difference

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

funkycarl

Went to a job today materials already there for me 4 bags of bonding to get me started 3 bags was pink 1 bag GREY can't believe how much difference there could be had all bonding on for 10 the pink walls was ready to be skimmed at 12 o'clock but the wall with the grey on was still not ready at 2 o'clock has anybody else had this problem so no to grey

Ones pink...ones grey.thats pretty much it.
not seen pink bonding for ages?....
I like the pink:love:

Had exactly same problem the grey is even soft the next day really slow set then had pink stuff which is setting like mad

Went to a job today materials already there for me 4 bags of bonding to get me started 3 bags was pink 1 bag GREY can't believe how much difference there could be had all bonding on for 10 the pink walls was ready to be skimmed at 12 o'clock but the wall with the grey on was still not ready at 2 o'clock has anybody else had this problem so no to grey
Used the grey a few times mate, like a lucky dip which one you get round here sometimes, had same problem with the grey, its hangs like f**k.

Very strange.. there is a Q&A thread on backing plasters so you should get a response back :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I had a grey bag recently. It was crap. Hung for ages and skimming it was a pig because I got impatient and just chucked it on wet

Interesting this?....never get the pink gear up here anymore...just the grey?
Dont remember any difference between both tbh......threw lime in both if need be:)

This just makes me think what's the point of relying on products you spend money on new trowels and all the rest of the stuff that can make you job that little bit less stressful and a bag of grey bonding just make you think f***k it

yeah like we used to get grey all the time (north west) until about five years ago and now its been pink ever since. i liked the grey because you knew where you where. You didnt get confused what youd put on. but the pink has its benefits. i get customers who dont have a clue and i can just flatten the pink bonding and then get off. funny enough i was in b and q the other day and i saw some browning that was 14 months out of date on the shelve. told them about it and they said i could have it for ten p a bag ffs. i will always go for pink before brown

all grey here in essex suffolk, have not seen pink for years. we always dose the grey bonding with cement if you want to set it same day.

You dont always have dirty water though. Wednesday i did a patch job on the way home. Within 20mins of getting there id mixed up put it on and it had set ready to skim

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Why pay for cement when dirty water is free ? Have u got a gauge idea per bag for time ?

we only gauge the cement with bonding by colour.
often we mix bonding with hardwall 50 / 50 to give the finish more suction. with a dose of cement if on a low suction back ground.

Grey bondings a git had 3 bags on wed this week on a job on at 9 still sopping wet at 2pm didn't even have to wet it down to skim up next day

Status
Not open for further replies.