Greetings all!

Forbs

Hello..

Iv found this forum through google search and thought i would join up as it has provided quite a bit of good advice.

Im not a plasterer, but i have done a four day course to help me do my own house with decent results. I would like to go onto further training in the future but for the time being its getting me by.

I was curious as to what are peoples thoughts on sponge floats.. i have only ever used a Marshalltown stainless towel for skimming but i have heard that sponge floating can offer a better finish easier if that makes sense ?

Many thanks. Dave

Hello..

Iv found this forum through google search and thought i would join up as it has provided quite a bit of good advice.

Im not a plasterer, but i have done a four day course to help me do my own house with decent results. I would like to go onto further training in the future but for the time being its getting me by.

I was curious as to what are peoples thoughts on sponge floats.. i have only ever used a Marshalltown stainless towel for skimming but i have heard that sponge floating can offer a better finish easier if that makes sense ?

Many thanks. Dave
4 day course? You’ll need a scouring pad never mind a sponge float :bananas::lol::lol::lol:

Hello..

Many thanks. Dave
Self taught , 25 years , I'd like to known about sponge use , after a dozen such replies as tiny you might be lucky , easy to belittle people on here

Self taught , 25 years , I'd like to known about sponge use , after a dozen such replies as tiny you might be lucky , easy to belittle people on here

Thanks for the reply mate. Its means to an end for me, hopefully ill pick up a few tips where i can.. ill stay hopefull haha.

Cheers. Dave

Welcome dude! Been out the game and will resume next year with spinge float in hand! Gets you that little bit extra time so more can be put on as I'm aware!

I have never found a need for a sponge float.

I would master using a trowel firt then cut corners later if you feel a need to ;-)

I have never found a need for a sponge float.

I would master using a trowel firt then cut corners later if you feel a need to ;-)

Thanks mate. I agree with the cutting corners and from the little i know about sponge floating it does seem to split opinion.

I have a whole house to board and skim so plenty of practice coming my way lol

Cheers. Dave

Thanks mate. I agree with the cutting corners and from the little i know about sponge floating it does seem to split opinion.

I have a whole house to board and skim so plenty of practice coming my way lol

Cheers. Dave

I would just skim it one wall at a time and work on getting it right