Green Deal Cash up Front

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeD

Private Member
I've got a development property that needs the works, EWI, Insulation, New windows, boiler etc...

After an assessment can I do all the work myself then claim the money back or get funding somehow?

No mate. Im not silly. I install on behalf of a manufacturer who have a pas

Is there anyway to get any grant/funding if I install it myself? Maybe you can come and do it for me Dan...straight forward job about 50m2! I want Weber XP, 90mm.

Is there anyway to get any grant/funding if I install it myself? Maybe you can come and do it for me Dan...straight forward job about 50m2! I want Weber XP, 90mm.

You cant get funding if you install yourself mate. You need the gd assessment and claim.a voucher. Then take it to gd installer. If you find a bigger company they may do boiler and loft at same voucher.

Your ewi needs to be at least 50% of your property.
why weber?

You cant get funding if you install yourself mate. You need the gd assessment and claim.a voucher. Then take it to gd installer. If you find a bigger company they may do boiler and loft at same voucher.

Your ewi needs to be at least 50% of your property.
why weber?

It's over pebble dash...it's not completely flat so i thought I'd go for XP and M1 as I can dab on 10mm beads and it seems like quickest to install...why is there something wrong with Weber?

I've got a development property that needs the works, EWI, Insulation, New windows, boiler etc...

After an assessment can I do all the work myself then claim the money back or get funding somehow?
Your probably better off getting someone who knows what there doing it will save you in the long run xx

It's over pebble dash...it's not completely flat so i thought I'd go for XP and M1 as I can dab on 10mm beads and it seems like quickest to install...why is there something wrong with Weber?

Oh dear.get some one in who knows what there doing!!
Warrior off here might be able to help

Nothing wrong with weber. I dont paticularly like weber.

Ive never done dashing over ewi either. Not something people want round here!lol.

Have a word with @warrior? He can recommend a gd provider im sure that could advise you on getting funding for it all

Ive never done dashing over ewi either. Not something people want round here!lol.

Have a word with @warrior? He can recommend a gd provider im sure that could advise you on getting funding for it all

Completely the opposite in the midlands i'd say 90%+ of the ewi work is dash. Starting to see more thin coat lately but personally i don't think it looks right on terrace houses.

I worked for a firm doing hundreds of council houses/flats and it was all dash until the likes of mark group started doing green deal work

Completely the opposite in the midlands i'd say 90%+ of the ewi work is dash. Starting to see more thin coat lately but personally i don't think it looks right on terrace houses.

I worked for a firm doing hundreds of council houses/flats and it was all dash until the likes of mark group started doing green deal work

I think it looks shocking.prefer a nice flat finish myself.
The south coast & the midlands are two different places I suppose.

I'm not dashing over it mate! I'm fixing the boards over existing pebble dash...the dash is flat, was done just before I bought the property. I can get the Weber system locally form Minsters and can spray the M1.

But If I can get funding and someone will do a tidy job for me I'll be happy @Warrior

I'm not dashing over it mate! I'm fixing the boards over existing pebble dash...the dash is flat, was done just before I bought the property. I can get the Weber system locally form Minsters and can spray the M1.

But If I can get funding and someone will do a tidy job for me I'll be happy @Warrior

Ah right. I get it. Confused me when u said 10mm beads?

Only ever use 6mm and scrim texture

Same here!!

Heres Spec...

You will require the following materials:

90mm Verge trim profiles 2.5m lengths
Verge trim end pieces and joint pieces.
170mm z flashing for oversills

90mm base bead – 2.5mm lengths
10mm base bead clip on profile

90mm EPS insulation – 0.72 sq/m per board
150mm T/Break fixings – 7 per sq/m
Reinforcing mesh – 50 sq/m per roll
Weber.therm M1 render – 1 sq/m per bag

10mm PVC angle beads.

Heres Spec...

You will require the following materials:

90mm Verge trim profiles 2.5m lengths
Verge trim end pieces and joint pieces.
170mm z flashing for oversills

90mm base bead – 2.5mm lengths
10mm base bead clip on profile

90mm EPS insulation – 0.72 sq/m per board
150mm T/Break fixings – 7 per sq/m
Reinforcing mesh – 50 sq/m per roll
Weber.therm M1 render – 1 sq/m per bag

10mm PVC angle beads.

What about your compri tape for abutments or your apu/window seal beads for openings and frames.

Where are you @FreeD , we are a provider as well as installer, Inc boilers , loft insulation. , room in roof , windows , iwi , ewi etc etc we can do you an OA and report

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to find a local GD provider . You can only get the funding through them Inc any green deal plans and GDHIF if they are an installer as well then you may well be able to do the works on a sub contract basis to them but they will want their pound of flesh , an OA could cost you 100 quid or more but you need one to highlight the measures required and to claim any funding go to Gr33n Group and have a look at their online calculator

Best thing to do is get a GDA have you checked its a solid wall property and even qualify for any funding at all.

Spoke to minster yesterday in Sheffield and they won't take any EWI materials now, they have done a u-turn as they were on about stocking it full time.

Can't imagine one would and the other wont.

Usually have to buy direct from weber, but they are pricey compared to other manufacturers.

They all supply it but you can buy from the manufacturer in bulk. Ilbruck do it but I get mine from ivas.
Apu beads from Wemico also have a good compri seal buy the 6mm not the 3mm

They all supply it but you can buy from the manufacturer in bulk. Ilbruck do it but I get mine from ivas.
Apu beads from Wemico also have a good compri seal buy the 6mm not the 3mm
Have you ever done an ewi before windows are installed? rational installers are being difficult on a job and refuse installation until ewi is complete, it makes life difficult as they are giving me a 6mm tolerance. What do you reckon.

I do new build mostly when it comes to eifs/ Ewi so yes I have done a few installs before the windows were fitted.

Are they using floating frame windows ?

Status
Not open for further replies.