Gravity fed machines as conveyers

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

pftmonojetman

Private Member
Ive been wondering about this for some time, can a gravity fed machine ie Monojet, S44 or similar be used to convey wet mortar from a mixer or say ready mixed mortar out of the mortar skips from tilcon and the like, like an N2 or so. Or are they just dedicated mixer pumps, Since you have to have a water feed to the machine to let it work would you have to turn it right down? Has any one tried? Im sure it could work but wanted to know if someone had tried cheers.

les reckons it would work as long as the gear is nice and fatty and on wetter side

are you gonna combine yours then chris with a mixer of some sort if it can be done?

it just continuously drops in when you are coming to the end of a spray then dont put as much material in , they do have a flap that slides across though to stop the material from going in

ive thought about that myself mate. ??? on the putzmeisters you get a gate valve which you open and shut to close the hopper off but not sure about the other machines. ive always thought this type of machine would be a lot more problematic than the star wheel fed machines which dose the material consistently. I mean if they gave you the same mortar quality why would you bother with a bigger more expensive machine as they both use the same 5.5kw motor.

merlin said:
you tw@t,lol what stops too much goin in?
On the s44 the mixing shaft is longer and the motor is angled more on the shaft are little blades all the way up just taking enough powder from the hopper and to stop it clogging.Hope that makes sense ;D

pftmonojetman said:
merlin said:
you tw@t,lol what stops too much goin in?
On the s44 the mixing shaft is longer and the motor is angled more on the shaft are little blades all the way up just taking enough powder from the hopper and to stop it clogging.Hope that makes sense ;D
at last a sensible answer thanks mate ;D

also a gravity machine does not draw as much power because it only has one motor goody

thanks grand, that's an important point to mention. anyone looking at getting their first kit needs to think about generator costs too. you can get a 12.5kva petrol genny from sjl power for £1250 all in. Now correct me if im wrong but a 12.5kva genny would be enough to power a monojet right? If you opt for a g5 type machine then they require something like 15-16kva which ive been quoted at £3200 all in from the same place. so all in all a star wheel machine setup costs quite a bit more. A g5(starwheel) setup would be around 9k plus vat and a monojet(gravity-fed) setup would be about 5.5k plus vat new. :)

that's the problem me and rich have been asking ourselves. we asked them to put together a 16kva genny together and its come back as £3200 whereas the 12.5kva is £1250.....dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.