Grade 2 listed plastering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross1980

Afternoon chaps

I went to look at a job last night and after looking and measuring up the potential client then said that the house was grade 2 listed. So after suggesting ripping down the old lath and plaster and plasterboarding. I then said that she may not be able to go for this approach and that in fact she may have to do everything the original way. Does anyone work in this area that could advise me on the regulations to plastering in a grade 2 listed building I know grade 1 listed everything is like for like but is it a bit more lenient with grade 2 .

Cheers

Ross

apparently you can cover over old work but you can't take it down, i.e
overboard the lath, incase they want to renovate it to it's former glory
in the future.

Cheers guys that's what I thought regarding the lath and plaster could that wall be over boarded perhaps

It's a wall that would need overboarding the customer doesn't want the ceilings done. Is it okay to use modern products in a grade 2 listed building is what I want to know.i spoke to a conservation officer today and was told that and changes internal or external must have a application submitted does this include plastering.

It's a wall that would need overboarding the customer doesn't want the ceilings done. Is it okay to use modern products in a grade 2 listed building is what I want to know.i spoke to a conservation officer today and was told that and changes internal or external must have a application submitted does this include plastering.
Your be fine with one wall ,but just let the customer know they should tell the local conservation officer

Sorry for the delayed response been mega busy. That would be one of the issues I would have to remove the picture rail and skirting to overboard skim and then replace them afterwards. After chatting to her the other day she's know submitting application forms to get permission to see what she is allowed to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.