Government financial assistance.

• Thread starter Deleted member 23452
  • Start date

Members online

What assistance have you had (or applied for but waiting) from the Government so far? Tick all that

• None.

Votes: 31 56.4%
  • Small business rate relief grant.

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Business loan.

• Universal credit.

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Furlough scheme payment/s.

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Self-employed profit based cash back.

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Deferred VAT payment.

• Total voters
I’ve been paid out for the furlough scheme for me and staff, for the 3 week period, (Even though most was my own money that I’d paid out) The process was very easy to navigate and 5 days later it was in my account, 6.5k ish. It’s been said that construction will be the first ‘officially’ to allowed to go back week after next, so you think you won’t be able to claim past that date but who knows with it.
Hard one that, just because they say you can go back doesn't necessarily mean lads will have anything to go back to

Not sure if rules are different over here but I'm sure there said you can still claim even if you have worked through it,furlough is different story but self employed there said you could,I think
You can’t claim furlough if your back at work(as we are) as you’ll be submitting payroll for staff if your back at work.

Hard one that, just because they say you can go back doesn't necessarily mean lads will have anything to go back to
It is I agree, but if you’ve no work for what ever reason you’d think they’d divert you down the universal credit route. But even if you are getting paid out for self employed, the grant is only payable on last years tax return what you declared earning (profits) for the sane period last year mid March to June or what ever.

It is I agree, but if you’ve no work for what ever reason you’d think they’d divert you down the universal credit route. But even if you are getting paid out for self employed, the grant is only payable on last years tax return what you declared earning (profits) for the sane period last year mid March to June or what ever.
Still lads should get a £k a month after tax surely,even if ur on the fiddle

Still lads should get a £k a month after tax surely,even if ur on the fiddle
Depends how much you declared last year doesn’t it, most put the bare minimum through don’t they if there domestic cash merchants, so will get very little. If you’ve done it by the book you’ll be fine, as you say you’ll get a good chunk back.

Not sure if rules are different over here but I'm sure there said you can still claim even if you have worked through it,furlough is different story but self employed there said you could,I think
I think you are correct,but casper was not allowed to be plastering, but he aint a sheep,he will do whats right im sure.

I’ve been paid out for the furlough scheme for me and staff, for the 3 week period, (Even though most was my own money that I’d paid out) The process was very easy to navigate and 5 days later it was in my account, 6.5k ish. It’s been said that construction will be the first ‘officially’ to allowed to go back week after next, so you think you won’t be able to claim past that date but who knows with it.
I wish I would of done it mysen aswell owls,looks piss easy to do,but made mistake of letting accountant deal with it,owed about £3k at minute from 1st payment,putting another one in when it opens agsin

I wish I would of done it mysen aswell owls,looks piss easy to do,but made mistake of letting accountant deal with it,owed about £3k at minute from 1st payment,putting another one in when it opens agsin
It was very easy. I can’t fault the whole process.

That bounce back loan thing looks like it might be worth exploring. Borrow the money, then let it sit in your account for 12 months in case you need it. If not pay the lot back and move on. If you do you've got a chunk of cash sitting waiting.

J
That bounce back loan thing looks like it might be worth exploring. Borrow the money, then let it sit in your account for 12 months in case you need it. If not pay the lot back and move on. If you do you've got a chunk of cash sitting waiting.
just on with that no brainier 25% of your turnover
Different lenders & non secured
What’s not to like

Your welcome

I might get one then just put deposit down on a btl dss house,£100 interest mortgage and take in £550-£600 per calendar month,be rude not to
I wouldn’t touch buy to let again if you paid me, if you’ve got a mortgage pay that debt down instead it makes more sense.They’ve closed most avenues that made it worthwhile unless your cash buying.section 24 killed it off for tax purposes.

I wouldn’t touch buy to let again if you paid me, if you’ve got a mortgage pay that debt down instead it makes more sense.They’ve closed most avenues that made it worthwhile unless your cash buying.section 24 killed it off for tax purposes.
I dont mind it upping my tax,more long term for me

Long term the numbers work well. Short/medium as @owls said the gloss has gone off it.
Exactly a man who sees the bigger picture I lost about 3 months rent with paying extra taxes,do I care? No..why you ask,is because it's still churning out a gross profit and hopefully when I sell up in 25 years it's gone up in value 20%..where as casper will spend it on a Adidas 4 stripe go go faster van.whos the smart one? :coffe: saying that,he is a sweaty I suppose