got a few bargains today

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve

went to the local market and bought myself a spear and jackson 13inch float for a fiver and i saddle for a quid, might be worth looking into at the markets

dont know bout that mate to be honest your beta off paying gud money for a trowel that you know wont let you down you might think there a bit pricey but it saves you a lot of heartache at the end of the day :eek:

your right we all do have to start somewhere, however you do need a good trowel you will find it alot harder with a cheap trowel that is not made for a professional plasterer.

your right we all do have to start somewhere, however you do need a good trowel you will find it alot harder with a cheap trowel that is not made for a professional plasterer.

yeah i will do that in the future but when im doing few jobs here and there it will be ok to practice with for the time being

yeah i will do that in the future but when im doing few jobs here and there it will be ok to practice with for the time being
I have to agree with gps here mate. I try to save money wherever I can but a good trowel is essential kit. You wouldn't turn up for FA cup final in a pair of Dunlop Green Flash would you?  ;D ;)

i reckon if you can do a good job with crap tools you must be doing something right - although i myself have invested in pre-worn marsheltown stuff, saves me too much heartache ;)

however if you were to spend a bit of time filing down the sides to a fairly sharp point, and round off the top corners slightly, you could have yourself a bargain :D

Status
Not open for further replies.