good tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

S a plastering

Private Member
hi all did a reskim yesterday the ceiling had a really tight radius coming down the wall really struggled getting anything to go round it ie trowel/credit card just wondering what you lads use to do these awkward curves i was fu..in ill with it towards the end haha cheers

you could try one of these
743200.jpg

I have one for taping but I don't like rounding corners. I have bent mie so it has a permanent point which sharpens the corner. It's ideal for that.

sponge in a plastic bag just tears the plaster i tried it the other week on a winder

surely that tool depends on the radius of the curve? or am i missing something

It works on just about all angles. If the angles are not very sharp just use ya trowel but for the more acute angles just load the angle up with finish and run the tool along it, it takes seconds to form the curve. keep running the curve after every trowel......:RpS_thumbup:

They double up as an education tool, like when ya bitch forgets to clean his beads or brush his angles in they make swift work of giving him a thick ear............:RpS_thumbup:

hi all did a reskim yesterday the ceiling had a really tight radius coming down the wall really struggled getting anything to go round it ie trowel/credit card just wondering what you lads use to do these awkward curves i was fu..in ill with it towards the end haha cheers
Clenched bum cheeks.

Do you use them on all splayed angles?
depends how good the boarding is. most of the loft conversions i do, the joiners do all the tacking and there ceiling lines are twatfull so its better to curve them to hide how bad they are. also depends what the customer wants.....:RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.