Good day? Dad day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldie

Evening gents,

Firstly the purpose of this post is NOT to brag or boast in any way, I just want some idea as to the way WE work.

When I say we, I mean me & my plasterer (boss), I have never worked with any other plasterer and never seem to meet any other plastering teams to compare what we do with.

My boss has been plastering for in excess of 30 years and I only picked a trowel up for the first time about 6 months ago! We are both NOT young men:RpS_wink:

Today we plastered (skimmed) 4 ceilings which we over-boarded yesterday. We didn't start to knock-up until 09.00 as I had a doctors appointment early.

Downstairs

14ft x 12ft plus bay window area Lounge ceiling.
14ft x 3ft Hallway ceiling.

Upstairs

10ft x 10ft with slope Bathroom ceiling.
12ft x 10ft Bedroom ceiling.

As mentioned earlier we didn't start work until 09.00. The first coat was on all the above (1 hit) and flattened in by 10.30. Second coated, flattened in, wet polish, dry polished, cleaned up & tools away.
I then walked home from the job (not far!) and got in at 13.00 on-the-dot!

We never used to work like this, but now i'm getting the hang of the process we certainly seem to get more done & quicker:RpS_thumbup:

Good day or bad day?

Evening gents,

Firstly the purpose of this post is NOT to brag or boast in any way, I just want some idea as to the way WE work.

When I say we, I mean me & my plasterer (boss), I have never worked with any other plasterer and never seem to meet any other plastering teams to compare what we do with.

My boss has been plastering for in excess of 30 years and I only picked a trowel up for the first time about 6 months ago! We are both NOT young men:RpS_wink:

Today we plastered (skimmed) 4 ceilings which we over-boarded yesterday. We didn't start to knock-up until 09.00 as I had a doctors appointment early.

Downstairs

14ft x 12ft plus bay window area Lounge ceiling.
14ft x 3ft Hallway ceiling.

Upstairs

10ft x 10ft with slope Bathroom ceiling.
12ft x 10ft Bedroom ceiling.

As mentioned earlier we didn't start work until 09.00. The first coat was on all the above (1 hit) and flattened in by 10.30. Second coated, flattened in, wet polish, dry polished, cleaned up & tools away.
I then walked home from the job (not far!) and got in at 13.00 on-the-dot!

We never used to work like this, but now i'm getting the hang of the process we certainly seem to get more done & quicker:RpS_thumbup:

Good day or bad day?
:huh:

About 40m2,, so 20m2 each.

Some blokes do 100-120m2 per day & some do 10m2 :RpS_biggrin:
Depends what money you got & if your happy with it :RpS_thumbup:
If you got crap money then it's not a good day lol :RpS_wink:

Some blokes do 100-120m2

Thanks for your answer Nisus. I don't think I will ever be young enough (again) to rattle off that meterage:RpS_mellow: I think with a little more experience I may speed-up a little more though.

No need to speed up.
Charge more do less :RpS_thumbsup:

A cunning plan Nisus, but in the climate we are in at the moment I think the Boss is having to deal with the opposite to your suggestion and pull me along at the same time:RpS_blushing:

is this private work? often you can earn your money by 13.00 if this is site work then you would be fecking about with lights to16.00!

i done a 30m2 hit, 2 coats in less than 1hr 15 mins on my own 2day.I have worked in this house before, and i have never seen walls suck like these before, knew what i was going into but still its a f**k*r when you get there and they suck like Willenhall , bald short f**k*r.

i done a 30m2 hit, 2 coats in less than 1hr 15 mins on my own 2day.I have worked in this house before, and i have never seen walls suck like these before, knew what i was going into but still its a f**k*r when you get there and they suck like Willenhall , bald short f**k*r.

if i knew that was the suction i would have given the walls 2 coats of pva.

Not very much then, Jaffa John :flapper:

:RpS_crying: that was a beautiful story of U and your bosses day

Why, thank you.

malc said:
is this private work? often you can earn your money by 13.00 if this is site work then you would be fecking about with lights to16.00!

No, this work was for a contact of ours who arranges refurbs for a local Letting Agent.
My Boss has a 'work to live' policy, rather than a 'live to work' one, all jobs tend to be on a 'job & knock' basis:RpS_thumbsup:

Id say that 20 / 30 m2 on domestic would be about right for one gauge one man, unless your not restricted and can prep everywhere then pick off other rooms.

It depends on how much he paid you for half a shift as to whether it was a good day or not ??

It depends on how much he paid you for half a shift as to whether it was a good day or not ??

I think i've mentioned this in a previous thread somewhere but i'll go again:

Started as a labourer on £50 a day.
Picked up a trowel about 6 months ago (flattening & polishing only) Boss put wages up to £65 a day.
Boss went away for the whole of December and one of our contacts got me to do a couple of weeks on £80 a day (quite a learning curve!).
Now the Boss has seen how I have improved he feels the need to lift my day rate further:RpS_thumbup:

I don't do 'half-days' unless agreed in advance. If he wants to finish early it's his choice, I turn up in the morning always prepaired to do a days work!

Am I reading this right. It's 40m2 board and skim between 2 men in 2 days?

No, we did another room this morning, 12ft x 12ft Dining room, over-boarded and skimmed so that's technically 2.5 days 1 plasterer & 1 improver 5 ceilings in 5 different rooms. In our defence every one of the rooms was at a 30 degree angle so rather than the ceilings being square they were rhomboids (look that up!).

No, we did another room this morning, 12ft x 12ft Dining room, over-boarded and skimmed so that's technically 2.5 days 1 plasterer & 1 improver 5 ceilings in 5 different rooms. In our defence every one of the rooms was at a 30 degree angle so rather than the ceilings being square they were rhomboids (look that up!).

I know what one of those is. I have a gce in art

If all went well at the doc's and you got a full days pay for a half day, GOOD day IMO.:RpS_thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.